Gettin' my UCONN on.... | The Boneyard

Gettin' my UCONN on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
A day early, never too soon. Love my Huskys, can't wait for the game to start.
And I want to comment about our U-C-O-N-N-UCONN-UCONN-UCONN
Comment: I miss this shout out to the team.
Query: Do you think that NOT having this cheer somehow messes with the mojo?
We focus on the cheer, and less on the negative waves.......
Thoughts?

Glass half full, car is tanked up, and I just did my laundry (getting silly), I am ready for the game to begin. Let go, get hungry and get the W!!! GO UCONN!!!!

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Is there anything more contrived than the announcer 'leading' this cheer - I could blow lunch. That said I wish I knew the formula to get the majority of the fans involved into getting loud and on their feet.

I recall a recent men's game in the Gampel where the band started chanting 'On your feet Gampel' and before you can say jack rabbit most of the crowd was on its feet. Fast forward to the next women's game up there. Same band chant, no so much from the fans. Hey, I'm old but I can still get out of my seat and scream my lungs out.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
much better than blowing lunch! Thanks Alex!!!

Reaction Score
A day early, never too soon. Love my Huskys, can't wait for the game to start.
And I want to comment about our U-C-O-N-N-UCONN-UCONN-UCONN
Comment: I miss this shout out to the team.
Query: Do you think that NOT having this cheer somehow messes with the mojo?
We focus on the cheer, and less on the negative waves.......
NOT having our cheer might be the reason for all our losses this year.

It's definitely a reason for the crankiness:)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
i surmise it to be a bad mojo thing...

Reaction Score
Radylady, are you talking about the cheer that used to precede games on the Boneyard? Or one at the actual game?

Reaction Score
the former
In that case, I did try it before the Marquette game. It died an untimely death--I think at -O-. So I despaired and did not initiate one b/f Notre Dame. Perhaps that explains the disappointing performance.

Anyhow, I'll all in.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
I know I've had no luck trying to get a completed cheer recently - I think the mods have to help us out - like have a permanent post atop the board during the season "instructions on how to post a "GO UCONN" cheer..."

A SUGGESTED METHODOLOGY
For example, we would the have a title for the thread "name of the opponent and date and time " - first poster puts in the "U" and then the next the "C" etc. until you spell "U-C-O-N-N" - this gives five people the chance to respond. If you want to respond, but you are number 6, you start a new cheer (e.g. Rutgers whatever time).

Reaction Score
I know I've had no luck trying to get a completed cheer recently - I think the mods have to help us out - like have a permanent post atop the board during the season "instructions on how to post a "GO UCONN" cheer..."

A SUGGESTED METHODOLOGY
For example, we would the have a title for the thread "name of the opponent and date and time " - first poster puts in the "U" and then the next the "C" etc. until you spell "U-C-O-N-N" - this gives five people the chance to respond. If you want to respond, but you are number 6, you start a new cheer (e.g. Rutgers whatever time).
Like it. Isn't the U-C-O-N-N followed by UConn, UConn, UConn?

Yes, mods, please enlighten us masses.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Like it. Isn't the U-C-O-N-N followed by UConn, UConn, UConn?

Yes, mods, please enlighten us masses.

NOt a mod, but yes, that text in blue is the traditional BY cheer (and game cheer, if memory serves)

Reaction Score
Is there anything more contrived than the announcer 'leading' this cheer - I could blow lunch. That said I wish I knew the formula to get the majority of the fans involved into getting loud and on their feet.

I recall a recent men's game in the Gampel where the band started chanting 'On your feet Gampel' and before you can say jack rabbit most of the crowd was on its feet. Fast forward to the next women's game up there. Same band chant, no so much from the fans. Hey, I'm old but I can still get out of my seat and scream my lungs out.

Agreed. I totally hate the announced U-C-O-N-N cheer and the leading of the Husky Fight Song. Bleccccch. However, with Ted no longer leading cheers from the stands, cheering in the stands doesn't happen much at all.

God Bless the Band .... they make the most noise in support of the team unless the student section happens (rarely) to be full.

I was at that game where the students were chanting, but the problem is that they squawk so fast, most of the time I can't tell what it is they're saying (and my hearing isn't that bad). It wasn't till they ended that i figured out that they were sayin .....

My feeling ... the students do all their cheers too fast. By the time the rest of the crowd hears or figures out what they're doing ... they're done :( I guess Ted's tempo is locked in my brain. Sure do miss him at games !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom