Get ready Saniya | The Boneyard

Get ready Saniya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would think she'll get the Kalana Greene treatment -- Stan will concentrate on trying to defend the other 4 and see if she can handle the pressure.
Nice early test.

Reaction Score
Didn't they do that last year in CT and she made them pay dearly?

Reaction Score
I would think she'll get the Kalana Greene treatment -- Stan will concentrate on trying to defend the other 4 and see if she can handle the pressure.
Nice early test.
Yes, both Saniya and for Kia Nurse, when she comes off the bench.

Reaction Score
Poor Saniya. I'll bet she's a really really really good kid, but the non-stop Boneyard speculation about whether she's going to start, whether she's as good as Nurse, whether her shot can be effective, whether she has the confidence needed to succeed, whether she's improved sufficiently over last year- It is simply relentless, ridiculous, and unfair. Give the kid a frikkin' break.

Reaction Score
Poor Saniya. I'll bet she's a really really really good kid, but the non-stop Boneyard speculation about whether she's going to start, whether she's as good as Nurse, whether her shot can be effective, whether she has the confidence needed to succeed, whether she's improved sufficiently over last year- It is simply relentless, ridiculous, and unfair. Give the kid a frikkin' break.

Yes I agree. Just let the kids play. I hate quotes like this one " IMO, Nurse is light years ahead of Chong. I don't anticipate Chong ever starting for UCONN, but I can envision Nurse starting from day 1." Too many experts on this site.

Reaction Score

What does her being a good kid have anything to do with anything? Nothing is personal against Chong. The reason that Chong is one of the more common topics on here is because along with Stokes she is one of the few unknowns among the starters. I am pretty sure that speculation is a big part of every fan forum in the world and I am also pretty sure that Chong has a lot better things to do than be bothered by what is posted here.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What does her being a good kid have anything to do with anything? Nothing is personal against Chong. The reason that Chong is one of the more common topics on here is because along with Stokes she is one of the few unknowns among the starters. I am pretty sure that speculation is a big part of every fan forum in the world and I am also pretty sure that Chong has a lot better things to do than be bothered by what is posted here.
None the less many of those posts are by the uninformed and unaware.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In last year's game Stanford started off the game not guarding Moriah. Ruef was assigned to guard Moriah but just stayed in the lane and let her shoot. Moriah struggled to make shots and Geno inserted Saniya who proceeded to make 2 three-pointers in the span of a couple of minutes.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Nice early test.

This is exactly what will be Stanford's downfall. Try to double on K, you have Stewie, MoJeff, Kiah and Sinaya one on one. One of the 4 will burn you. Especially the way we are so able to find to open player.

In reality, it is very difficult to double team any one UCONN player. Your best hope is to play it straight up and hope for the best.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
This is exactly what will be Stanford's downfall. Try to double on K, you have Stewie, MoJeff, Kiah and Sinaya one on one. One of the 4 will burn you. Especially the way we are so able to find to open player.

Are you insinuating that Stanford will be allowed an extra player; 6 against our 5?
Should tighten up the game some. :)

Reaction Score
So now we're not allowed to discuss a opposing team's strategy? What exactly critical was said?

Has Stanford employed a strategy in the past of daring one UConn player to beat them?
Is Saniya as good as Stewart, KML, or mojet?

The list is getting pretty long. Here are just some of the topics that has drawn the wrath of the self appointed content police lately: When to include OT, speculation in general, opposing teams strategy, bringing attention to the referees any of our players traits (How many offensive fouls was called on Nurse for using her off arm to keep the defense away ? answer -ZERO), any perceived weakness in a UConn player, who should start, comparing UConn players to each other, etc. etc. etc...
This is a sports forum. If you eliminate speculations, projections, comparisons, evaluations and opinions you might as well just shut the board down.

Reaction Score

So if anyone comments on how good Kia Nurse looked last night, it's a knock on Saniya? I believe some people are so invested in defending Saniya (when she doesn't need defending) that they can't actually enjoy how good Kia is. We will need both to be very good for us this year.

Reaction Score
Saniya started out great last year and then disappeared. That's not uniformed. That's a fact. Yes, it is a new year. Everyone on the Boneyard and every UConn fan hopes Saniya can carry through this year how she started last year. That makes the second team more dangerous. Morgan, Kia, Gabby, Courtney and Sadie will by the end of the year be better than many teams' starters.

Reaction Score
Yeesh. This has gotten kind of ugly :( and personal :( My bad. I only wanted to comment (rightly or wrongly) on what I saw as a lot of negativity directed at Saniya. I mean, whether you prefer Saniya or Kia (or someone else at the 2), at the end of the day they are all UCONN, they are all kids we love and support.

Reaction Score
While I'll admit that I'm not fully informed about the workings of Geno's mind, but unless her practice and game performance falls off dramatically, I believe Chong will continue to start instead of Nurse. Geno likes to have as many offensive weapons on the floor as possible to start the game. I think he also likes to bring in someone from the bench that ups the defensive pressure much like Kiah did last season. Kia brings in size, tenacity, and an aggressive offensive style but I think Saniya's range will keep her as the starter. Whether or not Chong continues to start over Nurse, both will be a part of a seven person rotation when tournament time arrives.

Reaction Score
yes i am of the mind of a few on here...... it does really not matter who starts....... "In Geno We Trust" he and his staff have a pretty good handle on things...... to parse who is better who should start, etc.... whereas fun for some..... i think serves no value..... doesn't matter..... just like doesn't matter if MoJeff is 5 6 or 5 7.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Are you insinuating that Stanford will be allowed an extra player; 6 against our 5?
Should tighten up the game some. :)

Even 6 against 5 and Stanford is in trouble. The 5 will out run the 6!

Reaction Score
Getting back to the OP, didn't Saniya hit 4 of 5 from 3 land last night? Daring her to shoot would seem to be suicide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom