Georgia no longer undefeated, | The Boneyard

Georgia no longer undefeated,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rutgers 61 Georgia 58.

Gotta love TWO SEC RANKED teams (LSU & Georgia) going down to TWO UNRANKED teams (NC St. & Rutgers respectively)! Definitely an overrated and watered down conference.

Reaction Score
The members of the SEC do not seem to think so! The corrections are currently underway.

Reaction Score
Gotta love TWO SEC RANKED teams (LSU & Georgia) going down to TWO UNRANKED teams (NC St. & Rutgers respectively)! Definitely an overrated and watered down conference.
I love how you can say that with so much UMPH! I think conference strenght isnt a good arguing point for UCONN fans....sure you're such a phenomenal team that it really doesn't matter...but that's just a battle you can't win...the SEC isnt THAT bad...otherwise those many teams wouldn't have been voted into the Top25......IMO!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I love how you can say that with so much UMPH! I think conference strenght isnt a good arguing point for UCONN fans....sure you're such a phenomenal team that it really doesn't matter...but that's just a battle you can't win...the SEC isnt THAT bad...otherwise those many teams wouldn't have been voted into the Top25......IMO!
Well, yeah but the AAC is moving up today, and when you have SEC teams with #331 SOS schedule (of 346) representing as the cream of the crop of the rough-tough SEC, that's a problem. But at least the SEC got a huge victory today ...... by playing Rutgers, Georgia will probably no longer be in the bottom 10th percentile for SOS, which is the main thing the SEC teams supposedly care about. And um, how many teams did the SEC have in the FF last year? Is 0 correct? And how many current AAC team were in the NC last year? I believe the correct answer is 2.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great win for Rutgers, and I was pleased to see Laney have some really good numbers - 18 points on 7-10 shooting. RU shot a blistering 45% from the floor and had 18 assists on 24 made baskets. Those are not stats usually associated with RU. I wonder if Stringer is changing things up there? Where are our resident RU experts??!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Really AnotherVolFan?? Who cares about the conference you play in when you can beat any other conferences top dog team by 20+! You rank right up there with Clkou, Orange007, stwainfan and Tiny Vol as the most clueless LV fan on the planet!
I think that's a bit unfair and wish posters would be a little more tolerant of new posters from other (especially) orange fans. I don't disagree with you about the posters you listed, but do not think AVF can be fairly painted with the same broad brush...

Reaction Score
I think that's a bit unfair and wish posters would be a little more tolerant of new posters from other (especially) orange fans. I don't disagree with you about the posters you listed, but do not think AVF can be fairly painted with the same broad brush...

I wouldn't be so sure about AVF being a "new" poster...more likely it's a "recycled" poster who has been "around the block" before. Can you say Sticker007? I can almost guarantee you that AFV has participated in this forum under another handle previously. Let the denials begin!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be so sure about AVF being a "new" poster...more likely it's a "recycled" poster who has been "around the block" before. Can you say Sticker007? I can almost guarantee you that AFV has participated in this forum under another handle previously. Let the denials begin!
That may be true, but as hosts, I believe we should at least give the benefit of the doubt and be as welcoming as possible.

Reaction Score
That may be true, but as hosts, I believe we should at least give the benefit of the doubt and be as welcoming as possible.

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya. I would rather just debunk with facts any of the subjective Orange Koolaid flavored comments from the "visitors".

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I deny it and I can see IPs and other poster information. Let it go.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Georgia has played 12 games so far this season. Today's game at Rutgers was only its 2nd game played outside the state of Georgia. The other was at Belmont (in Tennessee).

Reaction Score
I believe in baseball that's called the minor leagues.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Georgia has played 12 games so far this season. Today's game at Rutgers was only its 2nd game played outside the state of Georgia. The other was at Belmont (in Tennessee).
That's called helping out the football team by keeping the ladies at home so you have more money to make sure the concussion boys are in the top 25.

That is an incredible looking schedule, with 20 of the 30 guaranteed games through the first round SEC tourney game being played in either Athens or Atlanta, GA. I guess as Ray Charles sang, "Georgia, the road leads back to you."

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Great win for Rutgers, and I was pleased to see Laney have some really good numbers - 18 points on 7-10 shooting. RU shot a blistering 45% from the floor and had 18 assists on 24 made baskets. Those are not stats usually associated with RU. I wonder if Stringer is changing things up there? Where are our resident RU experts??!!
I normally would not recommend it, but I just listened to the post game presser (linked from RU web site) and it sort of covers it. Vivian is more on-point than I am used to.

In a thread on the RU message board, there has been a discussion about talent, and the fact that players over the recent years simply didn't buy into the system, were selfish, etc. was raised. Quite true.

Which leaves us with a traditional CViv blue collar team that will do what it takes, that is playing a very different schedule and a different style. Which the video of the presser covers better than I can.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I normally would not recommend it, but I just listened to the post game presser (linked from RU web site) and it sort of covers it. Vivian is more on-point than I am used to.

In a thread on the RU message board, there has been a discussion about talent, and the fact that players over the recent years simply didn't buy into the system, were selfish, etc. was raised. Quite true.

Which leaves us with a traditional CViv blue collar team that will do what it takes, that is playing a very different schedule and a different style. Which the video of the presser covers better than I can.

Agree.

Here's the link to the presser.

I was all smiles today. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The comparison is not exactly a valid comparison at the moment. A new conference in its first season is a very different beast from competition between two established conferences.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Rather like the difference between the 2012 and 2013 Red Sox. A blue collar unit can be superior to a few individual mega athletes.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Please believe me, UConn is not in this crappy conference by choice. One invitation from a power conference and it's adios to the AAC. Wouldn't it be fun if UConn joined the SEC?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Please believe me, UConn is not in this crappy conference by choice. One invitation from a power conference and it's adios to the AAC. Wouldn't it be fun if UConn joined the SEC?
I'd love it, but I'd probably be the only one who would. For me, it rekindles the LV rivalry AND allows UConn to play a lot of road games in fertile recruiting grounds (which even the AAC does with the additions of Texas schools). Still, in this case, playing in Georgia, Florida, the Carolinas, Texas, and even Tennessee, would be great for UConn.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Thanks for pointing to this and Coler, thanks for posting the link.
I think this points to something I posted in one of the TN threads about recruiting philosophy between Pat and Geno - Geno has mostly been very particular about the personality and style of play of the players he recruits while Pat and a lot of other coaches seem to focus on the talent only in a wider pool of players they recruit. I do think Cviv got and has continued to get a lot of talent, but for a stretch of years that talent just didn't mesh with what she wanted to do and they had a hard time finding a common ground and played poorly. It sounds like this year she has players buying into her system and the team is playing better as a unit. They may be more 'blue collar' but I don't think the players were less highly regarded coming out of HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom