Geno's Technical? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno's Technical?

Reaction Score
No, the facts are that Cal fouled on virtually every single trip down the floor and had very few fouls called against them. UConn fouled very few times down the floor and had virtually every foul they committed called against them.

Cal also had more fouls called against them because they were intentionally fouling trying to stop the clock and send UConn to the line late in the game.
AMEN Titletown...

@j66kicker ... if you re-watch the game...rather than simply read the final Stats, you'll see that CAL had ZERO Team Fouls late in to the 4th Quarter. They fouled on every UCONN in bound pass in the last 2 or so minutes to get UCONN to the foul line and thus get the ball back. SO, 5 intentional fouls in the last 2 or so minutes helped "even" things out. :confused: and IMHO, the "no call" of the mugging on Meg was worse than the "no call" run into Danger and kick her leg out from under her by Ogumbowale. BOTH could have resulted in a serious injury...but weren't seen? surely weren't called.

Reaction Score
Normally I wouldn't say anything here, because I didn't watch the game. But I just have to say - you had PAC 12 refs, and really, some of the better ones. Gonzalez has reffed the Final Four, Pantoja (a UofA grad for whatever its worth) has reffed in the D League (or whatever the NBA calls it) and In'fini Robinson actually high fived my wife when she ran in front of us when she was warming up for a game last year, so I kind of like her.

That said, guys - I suspect you saw PAC 12 referees doing what they do. They very rarely call fouls away from the ball (or in scrums). Or on shots under the basket. The big no-nos are touch fouls "impeding" progress, charges / blocks under the basket, and touching the arm of a player shooting. Anything else, not so much.

Every conference has their "style" and in large part it reflects the style of play. I don't particularly care for the way they ref games (I'm always surprised there are not more injuries), but it is their style and PAC12 teams are, IMHO, well adjusted to it.

Bold printed section above explains the no-call on Meg... she was receiving a pass and preparing to go for a shot and was UNDER THE BASKET, she was hit hard by CAL players from both sides and that turned into A SCRUM. ... so if Pac-12 refs don't call that stuff, then I guess we shouldn't be offended...although Non-Pac-12 Teams playing Pac-12 teams should be given a "rules addendum" so they know what they are getting into. Now the fact that Meg was knocked to the floor and could have been seriously injured in legs, arms or at least concussion had her head bounced off the floor, is something most of us who love to watch WBB don't understand. It's not WWE or UFC, it's basketball...

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
On that play- Meg was not only slammed by the defender in front of her, 31, the big girl clubbed her arm like nobody's business from behind . Both refs should be ashamed of themselves. Geno had to make a statement and he did. Funny, people are now embarrassed by him now, after 30 yrs of excellence. And he's the same exact person today that he was back then. Many Years ago i would post about the intentional leg whips/tripping in the lane by G Town, Syracuse and Other teams and players at times. Couldn't figure out why the NCAA wouldnt buckle down on it- even after the games. Most responders said it didnt exist.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom