Geno's Postgame Press Conference - USF | The Boneyard

Geno's Postgame Press Conference - USF

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That was funny. I was wondering what Stewie rebound they were talking about at the very beginning.
I assume the one in the 2nd half where she swooped in and then did a reverse layup (off KLS shot I think).

Reaction Score
That was funny. I was wondering what Stewie rebound they were talking about at the very beginning.
Funny regarding KLS too. "I think she tied her career high in rebounds, she got one". Love it.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yup. But his greatest one-rebound line was to Swin; "You got one more rebound than a dead person!"

Reaction Score
Loved the prediction at the very end re KLS...'She'll play great next weekend--I predict it.'
Thanks for the post, MJL.
Yes, Lou has made the jump into Geno's circle of confidence.

Reaction Score
The one-rebound line was said to Kara not Swin. Kara had some snarky comeback.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I said before that KLS learned more from this game than anyone else. USF played her just as they played KML. They ran hard at her on the perimeter, packed the paint, and had someone step in front of KLS if she tried to drive. Foul trouble hurt her in the first half. In the 3rd period she missed two 3's, hit a 2 when the team set a double screen for her and she posted up for a layup. She had no other shots for the game. She'll learn to take advantage of the defender running hard toward her at the arc, she'll post up harder when gets the mismatch, and take better advantage of single screens. She'll figure it out.

Reaction Score
I said before that KLS learned more from this game than anyone else. USF played her just as they played KML. They ran hard at her on the perimeter, packed the paint, and had someone step in front of KLS if she tried to drive. Foul trouble hurt her in the first half. In the 3rd period she missed two 3's, hit a 2 when the team set a double screen for her and she posted up for a layup. She had no other shots for the game. She'll learn to take advantage of the defender running hard toward her at the arc, she'll post up harder when gets the mismatch, and take better advantage of single screens. She'll figure it out.
Thanks for the excellent fine-grained analysis. I hadn't seen or be able to appreciate all that when watching.

Reaction Score

The game before she did it. She hit a three, then on the very next play she was in near an identical situation and she faced the basket like she was going to shoot, the defender rushed toward her, then she put the ball on the deck all the way for a layup. :)

Reaction Score
What I appreciated the most was Geno talking abuut (Canadian form of about) half time adjustments. He made it sound like it was a fairly easy thing to do. Is this an indication of how good a coach he is to be able to make the necessary adjustments and have his team prepared to make the adjustments.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What I appreciated the most was Geno talking abuut (Canadian form of about) half time adjustments. He made it sound like it was a fairly easy thing to do. Is this an indication of how good a coach he is to be able to make the necessary adjustments and have his team prepared to make the adjustments.
Also that he has three senior leaders who know how to execute his plans and can lead the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom