Geno's Post-Game Press Conference | The Boneyard

Geno's Post-Game Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Always enjoy the pressers and they way that our girls represent the program...Stewie's media comment was priceless as was the camera shot on Geno when Stewie's & Lou were excused....Geno was so comfortable that he looked as if he had nodded off....

Reaction Score
How refreshingly humble is Stewie! When asked how it felt to break Rebecca Lobo's blocked shots record, Stewie answered that Rebecca had accomplished it in fewer games.

So as far as Stewie was concerned, "the record still belonged to Lobo." An incredible kid.

Watching the interaction between Geno and his star is really neat. They clearly have a very special relationship.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do you guys realize that in less than a month there will be no more Stewie, Mo, and Tuck? Sad to think about.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Funny story about Phessa practicing 3's and Geno asks her, why does she bother working on a shot she never attempts in a game.

They came to an agreement, that if she gets in, she'll shoot it ...and did 1/2.

14/9 in 21 minutes...the most rebounds on the team.

Reaction Score
Funny story about Phessa practicing 3's and Geno asks her, why does she bother working on a shot she never attempts in a game.

They came to an agreement, that if she gets , she'll shoot it ...and did 1/2.

14/9 in 21 minutes...the most rebounds on the team.
And Geno says now her "handlers back in St. Louis" will say if he played her 40 minutes she'd be an All American, so he has to be careful and just give her a little at a time.

Reaction Score
And Geno says now her "handlers back in St. Louis" will say if he played her 40 minutes she'd be an All American, so he has to be careful and just give her a little at a time.
I wondered what he meant about her handlers. Does Collier have parents that demand playing time for their daughter like Diamond DeShields?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
It would be a very foolhardy parent who would dare pull that on Geno!!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen a link for the Robert Morris post-game presser?
Love to see it.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
I wondered what he meant about her handlers. Does Collier have parents that demand playing time for their daughter like Diamond DeShields?

really.... esp after all these years listening to Geno . ( sarcasm, jokes )

the answer is a big NO. I got to know Napheesa'a parents while she was in high school. they are terrific people with quality minds (perspective, humility, class )
I could never see them demanding anything of a coach, nevermind Geno Auriemma

Reaction Score
He was obviously joking.
Yeah I know, but like rumors, jokes are also usually rooted in some shred of reality. Have you ever heard of Mo or Stewie's handlers (actually just the other day he mentioned getting a call from Stewie's agent) or TLaw's handlers?

Reaction Score
Spoil sport!
Sorry, but I remember this class arriving and it felt like it would be forever before they left. Seems like it was just yesterday Stewie was breaking that first 10 game scoring record. Time flies. I don't think it will sink in until next fall when official practices begin without the "big 3" for the first time since the 2011-12 season. Geno shed tears when Stef and Bria left, and I expect the same after the last game this year. I'm just glad that once these great UConn players leave, it's not necessarily the last time they will play for Geno.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Yeah I know, but like rumors, jokes are also usually rooted in some shred of reality. Have you ever heard of Mo or Stewie's handlers (actually just the other day he mentioned getting a call from Stewie's agent) or TLaw's handlers?
I think your handlers need to get you caught up on your meds. There is absolutely no basis for your empty speculation and implied accusations. And, quite frankly, it is an insult to Napheesa's family and friends.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What a great guy the Robert Morris coach is and a splendid BB mind as well...
You can see it his team's first few possessions and the last quarter.
Fine, team Basketball
Neat plays.
Good looking shots.
A tribute to him and the game.
Thanks Java

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics