Geno's Back Next Year | The Boneyard

Geno's Back Next Year

Reaction Score
Geno will be back next year and the year after that and the year after that year! In his Bio he said he took the Uconn job as start in his coaching career. Little did he know he was destined to be the greatest Women's BB coach in history. He loves the University of Connecticut and he loves all of his players. You can't help but love them for the way they play. They are a joy to watch. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Unless something happens or happened, it seems that with the exit of Dorka, there is no other 6 foot 5 inch or taller experienced center coming aboard or available to play on this Team. He may have the parts and pieces to put together a Team to challenge for the National Championship, but the incoming Freshmen or people who sat out this year for injury are going to be useful to him or sit on the bench. Maybe, he has some insight to the European theater of operations that may bring someone over. Perhaps, someone might be able to discuss where the height that this team will need is going to come from.

Reaction Score
The thing that intrigued me was that the team will be making a trip to Croatia, Slovenia and Italy in August. Was this already announced? If so, I definitely missed it!
I guess Geno announced it. I'm a little surprised your post is the first that I know of to mention it. I expect this trip to have it's own thread soon. I wonder if there are any bigs in Slovenia. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The thing that intrigued me was that the team will be making a trip to Croatia, Slovenia and Italy in August. Was this already announced? If so, I definitely missed it!
Geno mentioned a trip in August awhile back. Many (some? me?) of us assumed Italy and hoped Croatia.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Unless something happens or happened, it seems that with the exit of Dorka, there is no other 6 foot 5 inch or taller experienced center coming aboard or available to play on this Team.
Or is there?
7B4022B5-E177-4752-B3D5-E085E019DAF9.jpeg

Of course if we’re willing to “settle” for 6’4”…
2EAE9E0B-4487-4A3C-A3B5-EAA0B1C52A39.jpeg

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Unless something happens or happened, it seems that with the exit of Dorka, there is no other 6 foot 5 inch or taller experienced center coming aboard or available to play on this Team. He may have the parts and pieces to put together a Team to challenge for the National Championship, but the incoming Freshmen or people who sat out this year for injury are going to be useful to him or sit on the bench. Maybe, he has some insight to the European theater of operations that may bring someone over. Perhaps, someone might be able to discuss where the height that this team will need is going to come from.
You are spot on. Unless Ice is really that much of a guaranteed 1st rate post player, it’s hard to win a NC unless you are strong at all the positions. We’ve lost many recent N Chsmpionships because we really weren’t built to win the final four. We had great players, but it just wasn’t enough.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Ha! Good phrase.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Spent over 15 1/2 years in the European Theater of Operations, my first tour in 75, I met my wife. Loved every bit of it except for a year in Kitzingen with the 3rd Idiot Division.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Spent over 15 1/2 years in the European Theater of Operations, my first tour in 75, I met my wife. Loved every bit of it except for a year in Kitzingen with the 3rd Idiot Division.
Would that be 3rd Infantry Division? [seriously, I don't know]

My dad was an occupation troop in Germany right after the war. He ,too, had a good experience there.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Or is there?

Of course if we’re willing to “settle” for 6’4”…
Don’t forget the other 6-4 player-

You can tell,” Auriemma said. “She has a feel for where she wants the ball and how well she runs the floor...She’s very skilled. She’s got a little bit of an edginess to her, too.”

Edginess….
:)

A4D6EEFA-83C9-4CD7-8792-509CC03B0F5D.jpeg

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Would that be 3rd Infantry Division? [seriously, I don't know]

My dad was an occupation troop in Germany right after the war. He ,too, had a good experience there.
Yes, it is the 3rd Infantry Division, the Material Management Center was a cluster Bleep, they were installing a computerized supply system and was down more times than it was working. Since I was one of the few that knew the non-automated supply process, I was working 12 to 18 hours a day. The wife eventually went to her mothers house in Northern Germany for about 6 months before I got orders for Warrant Officer school.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak