Geno with some high praise for Jana | The Boneyard

Geno with some high praise for Jana

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From Carl Adamec's story on the injured players' support for their teammates.

"There's nobody that is enjoying life more than she is, that is totally engaged in what we're doing," Auriemma said. "Everything we do as a team, she feels as though it's happening to her.

"I can't say enough about her as a person. Nobody has seen her play. No one at UConn nation has seen her play, and they don't anything about her. All they know is what they see. Myself, the staff, the players, and everyone associated with our program has been really truly, truly blessed that she's come into our life because I can honestly say in 40 years I've never coached anybody better at Connecticut, never, in my life."

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Now I have a link for the folks who is already discounting her because they haven't seen her play. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This Uconn UNITY has been the heart and soul of the Uconn program and Geno.s way of coaching. I especially liked Geno's comment about the" bench has a choice to make on the sideline AND THEY BETTER MAKE THE RIGHT ONE" It is why he is the most accomplished in Women's BB Geno has taken many good players and turned them into GREAT players. GO GENO!!!! GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Reaction Score
From Carl Adamec's story on the injured players' support for their teammates.

"There's nobody that is enjoying life more than she is, that is totally engaged in what we're doing," Auriemma said. "Everything we do as a team, she feels as though it's happening to her.

"I can't say enough about her as a person. Nobody has seen her play. No one at UConn nation has seen her play, and they don't anything about her. All they know is what they see. Myself, the staff, the players, and everyone associated with our program has been really truly, truly blessed that she's come into our life because I can honestly say in 40 years I've never coached anybody better at Connecticut, never, in my life."
I have been saying all year, ever since I knew JANA was coming to Uconn that she would fit in first game and more. I notice in the games I've watched that JANA reminds me of Breanna Polido on the bench. JANA is the first one up and whooping it up for her teammates when they score. I am chafing at the bit to finally see her play. GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Reaction Score
What does he mean he's never coached anybody better? I don't get that. Does he mean from a teammate point of view?
Has to be since he's never seen her play against college competition.

Reaction Score
I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so genuinely happy. Every time the camera pans to her she has such an authentic smile on her face. Watching from afar you can tell how much she loves her teammates. She’s the first to jump off the bench cheering her teammates on when they make a play. After they won the elite eight game, she was crying hugging Nika. Just seems like a really authentic kid who loves basketball, her team and UCONN. Makes total sense to me Geno said this.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that Sweet Caroline is the one behind the lens????

Pic 1.jpg

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that Sweet Caroline is the one behind the lens????
Think it was reported that Caroline is with the team, however was not at the arena yesterday.

Reaction Score
What does he mean he's never coached anybody better? I don't get that. Does he mean from a teammate point of view?
Maybe he’s referring to all the intangibles she brings to the team. Of course Geno has coached a bunch of high achievers, who’ve gone on to excel in the pros, and life in general. But, Jana may be the player who has a little of each of the former great players, and that’s why her coach is ecstatic about her presence on the team. She has not yet played a minute at UConn, but while on the bench, she seems to be fully engaged and involved in what’s going on. Now I can’t wait for her to suit up. Go Huskies! Go UConn!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Why that's none other than coach CD. behind the lens.
The person taking the photo that is posted is BEHIND CD, so it just might be Caroline.

Reaction Score
It appears that Ice was out of the frame on that first photo is she was on the left of Nika. See the other photos in the story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom