Geno - WBCA Coach Of The Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno - WBCA Coach Of The Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Speaking of awards - is anyone else disgusted with the Wooden Award being prostituted for a burger commercial?! Wooden disassociated himself with the award ten or so years ago as he felt it was getting commercialized and too politicized I think. I suspect someone is doing the proverbial spin in the grave.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Speaking of awards - is anyone else disgusted with the Wooden Award being prostituted for a burger commercial?! Wooden disassociated himself with the award ten or so years ago as he felt it was getting commercialized and too politicized I think. I suspect someone is doing the proverbial spin in the grave.

I support anything that involves a burger, the ultimate all-American.

Reaction Score
Look at Baylor's schedule and tell me if you think it is a joke or not.
I think the understanding around here is that she refused to schedule UConn regular season while the "big 3" were playing for us. Certainly, Geno implies this. To the extent that it is true and given that Geno takes on all comers out of league, UConners' skepticism of Baylor's schedule is justified. Which is not to deny that you have a terrific team which is certainly a worrisome match for UConn.

Reaction Score
Speaking of awards - is anyone else disgusted with the Wooden Award being prostituted for a burger commercial?!
But isn't there a lot of wood in a Wendy's burger?

HGN

Reaction Score
Geno is the Winner......................And deservedly so. Many think its easy to coach top rated players. Or that all you have to do is roll out the ball and any 5 could win for you....... NOT SO. It takes great
skill to get highly rated players to play together as a Team. And Geno has done that Time after time.

And he deserves to be recognized for that achievement.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Look at Baylor's schedule and tell me if you think it is a joke or not.
The Baylor OOC schedule isn't a joke, but, it's not exactly heavy-lifting, either. If I read it correctly, there were 3 ranked teams - USF, MSU, Miami - plus Depaul. None of the teams seem to be ranked higher than 19th, and none of the games were true road games - two were at home, and two were at neutral-site tournaments.

By most standards, a decent OOC line-up. But, when compared with the other #1 seeds, and even a couple of the 2 seeds, not all that fearsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom