Geno the Sportscaster | The Boneyard

Geno the Sportscaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I'm sure many of you have thought of this, but I've not seen it discussed. If (and I hope its a long time out, at least 10 years!) Geno retires, he would be amazing as a sportscaster. He's so quick, insightful, and always funny. Have you ever seen anything more delightful than his comments after the Duke game: http://espn.go.com/womens-basketball/ ?

He's got it!

Reaction Score
"Kids today, their confidence is their last shot." Good one Geno.

Reaction Score
He's done sportscasting for wnba games.

I kinda think when he's done coaching, he'll be done.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As long as Geno has great people managing his Business Enterprises, I can easily see him joining ESPN as a Studio Host and sometime game analyst for Elite Games. He'd be a natural and probably paid close to 7 figures to do it.

Reaction Score
Geno always seems to be the youngest guy in the room. I'm hoping for another 20 years. As long as he continues to have someone to love, something to hope for, and something meaningful to do, he will remain forever young and be interested in guiding superior young women as their coach.

Reaction Score
I can easily see the day when the only sport Geno wants to talk about is his golf game. Fortunately I suspect there's roughly a decade of coaching still left between now and then. I've seen him do wbb games, he's quite good, but he also strikes me as the type that when he hangs it up, he'll hang it up with finality.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Geno always seems to be the youngest guy in the room. I'm hoping for another 20 years. As long as he continues to have someone to love, something to hope for, and something meaningful to do, he will remain forever young and be interested in guiding superior young women as their coach.
Great post... nothing beats finding, or creating the job you love. He's already right where we, and all Connecticut, want him. His "Geno Shows" are also just outstanding. Semper's right, of course, the guy excels at everything he puts his mind to... broadcasting 20 years from now would hardly seem much of a challenge.
comport 2.JPG

Reaction Score
LOL!
Comports and no question. Throw in "wingspan" there and you have the trifecta!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Listening to Geno talk you realize his thinking is at a different level then most other coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom