Geno Talks Retirement | The Boneyard

Geno Talks Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma, who will turn 62 on March 23, begins his 28th straight NCAA tournament on Saturday against 16th-seed Robert Morris, hoping to lead the Huskies to an 11th national championship and a fourth straight. Robert Morris coach Sal Buscaglia has announced that he will retire at the end of the season, ending a 38-year coaching career.

Auriemma, who is in his 31st year at UConn, said that got him thinking about how long he will continue to coach.

''I kind of got up this morning to come here today and I can't say it was exactly like it was 28 years ago, but it's not that much different,'' he said. ''So, as long as that is the case, I'm good for a while.''

MORE...

Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma, who will turn 62 on March 23, begins his 28th straight NCAA tournament on Saturday against 16th-seed Robert Morris, hoping to lead the Huskies to an 11th national championship and a fourth straight. Robert Morris coach Sal Buscaglia has announced that he will retire at the end of the season, ending a 38-year coaching career.

Auriemma, who is in his 31st year at UConn, said that got him thinking about how long he will continue to coach.

''I kind of got up this morning to come here today and I can't say it was exactly like it was 28 years ago, but it's not that much different,'' he said. ''So, as long as that is the case, I'm good for a while.''

MORE...
Whew! the title scared me glad to hear that he is not planning retirement soon.

Reaction Score
Based on the title of this post, I can only imagine how many The Boneyard members' heart skipped a beat. ;):D
A rascally thing to do, even for a homo erectus erectus!
Bad JavaMan, bad, bad JavaMan - scaring us like that!:D
Geez, don’t you guys know anything about writing headlines; short and sweet, on point, and intriguing. :rolleyes:

And besides, this is first hand, positive, and re-assuring information for all of us bonehead Boneyarders! :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As if there wasn't enough to worry about !

Am stuck in Kansas City catching non-stop abuse from KU friends who just can't wait to see their Jayhawks pound our men's team. And here comes a thread title that chills to the bone !!

However:
Geno says he "...kinda got up this morning and I can't say it was exactly like it was 28 years ago..."
What he didn't say: "But Kathy told me I was in the way at the house and to get the hell to work."

HGN

Reaction Score
Perish the thought. Geno should have his mouth washed out with soap for even mentioning the 'R' word.

I know 31 years is a long time but he's still got a lot of get-up-and-g0. There's still a lot of recruits to bring in and Championships to win.

NO MORE TALK LIKE THAT !!

Reaction Score
This is off-topic but Geno also said it at his presser and it doesn't need it's own thread so....

It already appeared in another thread ...cuz I thought the same thing. ...it doesn't need it's own thread so.... :D Interesting comment by the master though, eh?

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
upload_2016-3-18_18-27-34.png

Reaction Score
OTOH, at the sight of the headline, all those ND, UTenn, USC, Baylor occasional posters gave shouts of joy, only to read on and feel the way they eventually do at the end of the first week of April....

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier has had her best week of practice in three months

Much better title for a thread. :)

Reaction Score
No one was supposed to see me below the shoulders. You may be in for a lawsuit. Where did you get this picture? Are you the one who hacked my iClould account and made off with my selfies?????

You threatening me? Fine...this photo of you leaving Gampel has been sent to the media (including a really embarrassing full frontal shot.)

Reaction Score
You threatening me? Fine...this photo of you leaving Gampel has been sent to the media (including a really embarrassing full frontal shot.)
Ha, ha ...jokes on you. That's not me, that's Lucy's brother ...no relation! :p

Reaction Score
Here you go Cards's fans! Don't hold your breath you may not see your turn in your lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom