Geno takes team home, for dinner | The Boneyard

Geno takes team home, for dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno and the team traveled to his (US) hometown of Norristown for an old-fashioned Italian dinner at the Holy Savior Club. On the menu: penne ragu, veal scalopini, roasted potatoes, chicken marsala, broccoli rab. Yum.

The team seemed to enjoy the experience.

"It is an honor to have him bring us to his hometown,” said senior UConn center Stefanie Dolson. “It shows how close he is with the team, and it shows the pride he takes in coaching us.”

“He can be a really hard-nosed coach, he always wants you to do things the right way and we take a lot from that,” said sophomore guard Moriah Jefferson. “It’s really fun to come back and see him with his family and to see where his personality came from.”

After dinner, the team gathered to watch the ND-MD game. Sounds like a fun night. Here are a couple of stories:

http://www.timesherald.com/general-...th-huskies-team-to-offer-them-a-taste-of-home

http://www.timesherald.com/sports/20140128/after-a-pit-stop-in-norristown-uconn-huskies-ready-for-rest-of-season

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I like that a lot - having a great time with the team. Also very cool to sit down and watch the Maryland-ND game. I'm betting there were some barbs thrown in... "Kiah, how come you can't hold on to the ball like Thomas can"? "Brianna, how come you can't defend like Loyd can?" LOL.

Wasn't there a story about the 1st NC that UCONN won with Rebecca, Jen, Jamelle, etc and after the celebrations, they all went back to the hotel suite - something about watching the game and critiquing it? I wish I could remember the specifics, but it was pretty amusing...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I like that a lot - having a great time with the team. Also very cool to sit down and watch the Maryland-ND game. I'm betting there were some barbs thrown in... "Kiah, how come you can't hold on to the ball like Thomas can"? "Brianna, how come you can't defend like Loyd can?" LOL.

Wasn't there a story about the 1st NC that UCONN won with Rebecca, Jen, Jamelle, etc and after the celebrations, they all went back to the hotel suite - something about watching the game and critiquing it? I wish I could remember the specifics, but it was pretty amusing...
They were watching in the hotel and something happened and Geno said 'Hey stop that and rewind', getting ready to give coach notes to whoever had screwed up. I think he was still coughing up feather the next morning from the number of pillows hitting him in the face.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hey, free food! Obviously an improper benefit. :)

Reaction Score
They were watching in the hotel and something happened and Geno said 'Hey stop that and rewind', getting ready to give coach notes to whoever had screwed up. I think he was still coughing up feather the next morning from the number of pillows hitting him in the face.

This story was retold in the SNY Geno legends show with Jen and Rebecca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom