Geno post game press conference from Duke game | The Boneyard

Geno post game press conference from Duke game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is there any post game video of geno's press conference after the Duke game?

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think UConn shares them anymore. Have not seen them in a while unless it is mandated by NCAA. Sad that at an Away game for Duke, they still share it online. Yet, UConn was home and no dice. I wonder if you can get them if you pay for Huskyvision?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Loved though that Geno said about KLM, "When she makes a three, she instills confidence in the rest of the team and makes them think that everything is going to start dropping."

Also saying that MoJeff had gotten back the confidence that she had lost earlier, and that made her quicker because she had lost a step when she was dwelling too much on the last missed shot. If confidence breeds speed, I hope she'll get overconfident and just roadrunner through the post players who can't find her as she flashes by.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
"It's been a long time since we played the number one team in the country at Gampel Pavilion," Geno Auriemma, 12/29/2014
Not sure if there's been an article about that question yet, but yes, it appears to have been a long long time, and I think the last time it happened in the regular season a few of the Huskies might not have been born yet.

From the record books, it appears the last time UConn had a home game against a #1 team it was with Baylor on 2/18/2013, but that was at the XLS in Hartford and was a loss.

And last game at Gampel against the #1 appears to go back to Bird at the Buzzer, 0n 3/06/2001 in the 78-76 BET championship game win over Notre Dame.

And it appears that the last time a #1 team came into Gampel during the regular season before a conference championship goes back to the first meeting with UTenn on 1/16/1995 with a 77-66 Uconn win.

Now it's still a ways to the game with USCar and they may not be #1 then, but if it does happen, yes it will have been a very long time.

Reaction Score
Not sure if there's been an article about that question yet, but yes, it appears to have been a long long time, and I think the last time it happened in the regular season a few of the Huskies might not have been born yet.

From the record books, it appears the last time UConn had a home game against a #1 team it was with Baylor on 2/18/2013, but that was at the XLS in Hartford and was a loss.

And last game at Gampel against the #1 appears to go back to Bird at the Buzzer, 0n 3/06/2001 in the 78-76 BET championship game win over Notre Dame.

And it appears that the last time a #1 team came into Gampel during the regular season before a conference championship goes back to the first meeting with UTenn on 1/16/1995 with a 77-66 Uconn win.

Now it's still a ways to the game with USCar and they may not be #1 then, but if it does happen, yes it will have been a very long time.
Appreciate the research. No matter how you measure, #1 has played at Gempel many, many times but damn few have not been UConn.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Officially, UConn has had 12 games against the #1 team, the first two coming back in the early 90s against Virginia, and a 13th might be added if a poll had been taken after Baylor went down in 2013, as ND went into the tourney at #2. UConn has a losing 5-7 record in games vs. #1, but that is likely the best record any team has against the top ranked team.

On the down side, there are many years such as 2002, 2009, 2010, and 2014 when UConn seems to have shrunk back from facing the #1 team -- except maybe in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom