Geno on WTIC this evening from 6-7 | The Boneyard

Geno on WTIC this evening from 6-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's the Geno Auriemma Coach's Show from Geno's Grille in Storrs. Svet Abrosimova will phone in for an interview during the show.

WTIC-AM 1080

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This show should be fun. Maya phoned in from China during last week's show. Maya mentioned she had watched the Duke game on line.

Reaction Score
The first Geno show I ever watched was with Svet back when she was a UConn student. I was amazed that she sassed Geno right back! I swooned.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno talked about Breanna and Morgan.

Said when Breanna is scoring outside and in the lane there's no team in the country that can stop her. The coaches have been focused on getting her to get in the lane and demand the ball (rather than floating behind the 3-point line). She did that against Cal. Her short jump-hook is unstoppable. She's a terrific 3-point shooter but she should also be getting 3-point plays in the lane.

On Morgan, Geno said she is her own worst enemy. She's so good and does so many good things in practice but does some crazy things in games. Morgan may be most complete post player other than Breanna. The coaches are trying to get her to understand how good she is and to play to that level. Everybody thinks she's great except her; she's very hard on herself. The coaches are trying to get her to have a huge impact on the game every time she plays.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Geno talked about Breanna and Morgan.

Said when Breanna is scoring outside and in the lane there's no team in the country that can stop her. The coaches have been focused on getting her to get in the lane and demand the ball (rather than floating behind the 3-point line). She did that against Cal. Her short jump-hook is unstoppable. She's a terrific 3-point shooter but she should also be getting 3-point plays in the lane.

On Morgan, Geno said she is her own worst enemy. She's so good and does so many good things in practice but does some crazy things in games. Morgan may be most complete post player other than Breanna. The coaches are trying to get her to understand how good she is and to play to that level. Everybody thinks she's great except her; she's very hard on herself. The coaches are trying to get her to have a huge impact on the game every time she plays.
It sounds like she's trying to hard and thinking to much instead of being relaxed and letting her reflex's take over, and just playing the game. Hey everybody screws up and you have to expect that you will. The key is to just go out and play the game. When you thinking to much its very tuff to stop.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When you thinking to much its very tuff to stop.
Thinking too much. Reminds me of Jones. If she ends up that good.......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak