Geno on the Lowe Post Podcast | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Geno on the Lowe Post Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
He is probably sensitive to making statements which could undermine his own university re conference realignment, etc. If he just sticks to WBB, 1) that's his area of expertise, and 2) the mainstream doesn't pay any attention to WBB anyway so who cares what he says
Good thought.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's funny how different people react to things differently. When I heard him say some of our fans are GD idiots, etc. I thought to myself, "well, what do you know? Geno reads the Boneyard."
Exactly. There are plenty of idiots in this very thread. Not sure if I'd go so far as to say GD idiots, but idiots none the less.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't want Geno as social, political or NCAA commentator. I want him as Coach and chief agitator of the UConn Women Huskies. That is what he is supremely gifted at doing. I just can't wait to get into the 2015-16 season. Now we are in a dead zone as far as team news and recruits and it stinks. I know one palliative: get on YouTube and watch the Huskies pound someone. Yeah, I know it's a cheap fix, but it works for a while.

Reaction Score
I don't want Geno as social, political or NCAA commentator. I want him as Coach and chief agitator of the UConn Women Huskies. That is what he is supremely gifted at doing. I just can't wait to get into the 2015-16 season. Now we are in a dead zone as far as team news and recruits and it stinks. I know one palliative: get on YouTube and watch the Huskies pound someone. Yeah, I know it's a cheap fix, but it works for a while.
It works for a long while. Just put on last year's Texas game. Or the 2013 or 2014 title games.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It works for a long while. Just put on last year's Texas game. Or the 2013 or 2014 title games.

I agree, particularly that Texas game. Holy Cow! Now I have to tell a story. Over 10 years ago, shortly after we moved to Montana, my wife and I had to go to a neighborhood "do" smack dab when the Huskies were playing an NCAA tourney game and I could not beg off. So I got the host to dial it in in his "man cave", though he could not understand a guy watching WCBB etc., and I want to say the opponent was Iowa. Well, the Huskies ate them alive and mid 3rd quarter half the folks at this cocktail party were in the cave expressing disbelief that these were "girls". When UConn gets the motor running, it's fun to watch ... fan or new fan.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I listened to the entire interview (a luxury when in (a hospital) bed all day with a TV, mouse, and keyboard that gives me access to The Boneyard :) Permit a few thoughts about the interview:
- First half hour was better than the second.
- Geno said some of the fans were. . .stupid.
- The examples (stupidity of some fans) were of individuals with whom he had contact, personally or email. No mention of the Boneyard.
- Geno's tales about Diana were priceless.​

Permit a digression here. I can think of only three other coach-player relationships that match Geno-Diana: Pop-Tim, Russ-Red, and Belichek-Brady.

- [continuing] I liked Geno the UConn BB coach, but as a movie critic, um, He should stick to his day job.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom