Geno on Sports Center ...how would your UConn team fare in the Olympics | The Boneyard

Geno on Sports Center ...how would your UConn team fare in the Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Reporter asked him how his team would do in the Olympics.

Paraphrasing
He said his team would get blown out (not surprising). People don't know how good some of these national teams are and their ability to shoot.

"I got guys on my team who go a week in practice without out making a shot." So don't think we would do anything in the Olympics.

LOLZ

HGN

Reaction Score
Geno's answer is not surprising and is truthful.......UConn would get blown out at the Olympics the same as any other WCBB team.

Not a fair question but an honest answer.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but take any decent high school boys squad and they'd win the Gold! :rolleyes:

This bias against women will never cease since it is camouflage for a deep seated resentment towards successful women since it challenges the ego of men whose self esteem is only bolstered by the failures (or perceived inadequacies) of others, in particular women. Comparing men and women in this manner has no other purpose to those who promote it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yeah, but take any decent high school boys squad and they'd win the Gold! :rolleyes:
Yep, you're right. Just as you can take any male amateur boxer off the street and beat a woman boxer, or any high school swimmer and beat a woman gold medalist, or any low level male gymnast and beat the female gold medalist. Shall I go on? As master of the obvious your statement is condescending and offensive. I'm hoping your blurb was tongue in cheek.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yep, you're right. Just as you can take any male amateur boxer off the street and beat a woman boxer, or any high school swimmer and beat a woman gold medalist, or any low level male gymnast and beat the female gold medalist. Shall I go on? As master of the obvious your statement is condescending and offensive. I'm hoping your blurb was tongue in cheek.

See Moderators, we need a tongue in cheek emoticon. I was hoping the rolled eyes would signal adequately that I was essentially mocking a prior attack thread.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
A very simple picture was provided again at the PanAm games where an all-star college team was defeated by the Canadian national team which ranks #9 in the world currently. The PanAm games is the one competition that the USA teams have not consistently won because they are sending college players against older and much more experienced players. The other USA competitions involve much more similar teams.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
See Moderators, we need a tongue in cheek emoticon. I was hoping the rolled eyes would signal adequately that I was essentially mocking a prior attack thread.
It's sad isn't it?

s1owAjT.png

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
It's sad isn't it?

s1owAjT.png
I pride myself on using apt and appropriate pictures and gifs to make a point, but, this, Meyers, this may be the finest use I've seen in a long, long time. Susie Derkins looking up at a snowball, going over her head, not even close? Perfection!

Reaction Score
This bias against women will never cease since it is camouflage for a deep seated resentment towards successful women since it challenges the ego of men whose self esteem is only bolstered by the failures (or perceived inadequacies) of others, in particular women. Comparing men and women in this manner has no other purpose to those who promote it.
So true. Why some people feel they have to degrade these women is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom