Geno Offers Tough Love To NCAA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno Offers Tough Love To NCAA

Reaction Score
I too live in Dallas but bought tickets to the FF several months ago. Holding my breath that UConn wins tonight, which I expect they will. A potential match up with MD had me concerned for sure.
Live in Dallas also. They are promoting the game in every sports event, golf show, etc. I go to. Many local colleges like SMU have a booth at all their women's sports events. I get 1-2 telemarketing calls a week trying to sell tickets. Impression is that sales are not going well.

Reaction Score
Great video, I don't recall seeing the whole team at one of these, so that was nice. CGA is a real straight shooter and I like him a lot. He's right about the gambling but I just don't see that coming.

Regardless of how many tickets are sold, I hope the seats get filled. And why not, [hopefully /ducks] everybody will have a team to root<sp> for, either Uconn or any team that's playing them ;-)

Reaction Score
at 19:00 is the great moment. Geno can't bench anyone who doesn't play hard all the time, because he doesn't have a bench this year: "but that's changing in 4 months." Lou may need to change her voter registration from California to Connecticut!

Reaction Score
Great thread! There are some fans of women's basketball out in the world, however; my husband and I have been fans of the women's game for over 25 years. A couple of years ago we moved from CT to northern California. Now we watch many games on WatchESPN, plus have season tickets to UCBerkeley (they will be better next year--good young coach and good returning players). We are off to Stockton today (bought regional tickets without any idea who would be there) to see USC and FSU.
When UConn gets close, we go--we were at the last loss at Stanford :)
We are trying to figure out how to see UConn-Oregon live. Our hearts are with UConn but the current level of play for women makes many other teams fun to watch. We stopped going to final fours because the seats we could get were so bad, unlike what we have gotten in Bridgeport and this year Stockton (the latter is not well attended, alas).
I watched some of the NCAAM games yesterday and while the players are talented, the games are just not as well played, IMHO!

Reaction Score
Live in Dallas also. They are promoting the game in every sports event, golf show, etc. I go to. Many local colleges like SMU have a booth at all their women's sports events. I get 1-2 telemarketing calls a week trying to sell tickets. Impression is that sales are not going well.
Yeah, we have noticed the same thing. We bought our seats at the SMU/UConn men's game.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I would expect Baylor to get the calls tonight. If they don't make it to Dallas, attendance could be a problem. None of the remaining schools close by and South Carolina's fans now may choose to go to the men's Final 4.

Problem solved. :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
On Saturday at Webster Bank Arena, I was standing in line and talking to a couple guys (UConn fans) who had already purchased their tickets to Dallas, before MD bowed out and before UConn had even taken the floor vs UCLA.

I wouldn't worry too much about attendance in Dallas at the FF. While there may be a bunch of folks from Waco trying to unload their tickets, there will be a sea of blue Husky fans ready to snatch them up.

I would also point out that last season's FF in Indy was supposed to be almost a home game for the Irish. But ND stumbled and the FF ended up with 2 west coach teams, Cinderella Syracuse and that team from Northeastern CT. As far as I could tell, there wasn't an empty seat in the place

Actually the arena seats 18,000.... and the official attendance for the finals was 14,541 and 15,227 for the semifinals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom