Geno jokingly trying to get Tuck to come back next yr. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno jokingly trying to get Tuck to come back next yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Coco - not to put to fine a line but ... disservice! BS. (and not bachelor of science! :eek:) Just about any program in the country would jump at a candidate like Morgan and while the average is 4.5 years of work experience, I am sure there are a number of students with 10 years and a number with none. And four years of working for the Uconn WBB team is I suspect a much more rigorous work environment than many of the other students have experienced. I have no idea what her GPA is but suspect it is high enough that graduate school is a real consideration for her and not some fantasy she concocted out of thin air.

Would she take a full course load or try to compete the MBA by next spring - no idea, but suspect it is unlikely. As for the time commitment - yes, it is significant, but not that much more significant than a serious undergraduate student makes and from all accounts she is one. Might team commitments create a few conflicts - yes, but not insurmountable ones and if she took a slightly reduced course load than a student trying for an 16-18 month degree I suspect it would be quite manageable.
So what would she really gain from a partial MBA from UConn (again, big cache there)? She'll risk her knee to injury, risk her dream of playing in the WNBA, while continuing to live hand to mouth. All for an outside chance at a 5th championship? Laurels and plaudits from BY-ers and fans? What's really in it for her? Look, in case you haven't noticed that's me down on his knees begging her to stay. But that's for selfish ole me. Not her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
JordyG - she would be living pretty hand to mouth in the WNBA, much more so than at Uconn, and if her dream is playing in the WNBA I suspect she will forgo foreign contracts as that will greatly reduce her time in the WNBA, so she could complete her masters in the winter after her first WNBA season. Her knee has an expiration date, but the chances are pretty good that she has maybe 5 years - if she came back next year, that might be reduced to four professional years - is that a big sacrifice compared to having completed half or more of a masters degree? Who knows - money wise it certainly is close to a wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom