Geno Finally Answers The Penultimate Question | The Boneyard

Geno Finally Answers The Penultimate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"In the midst of this run, the team is transitioning. Taurasi -- "the best player I've ever coached," Auriemma said -- and Bird are certainly on their final Olympic teams, as is Tamika Catchings."

More of the same: U.S. women continue dominance

Guess he thinks Maya and Stewie are dogging it, huh! Why now?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"And then all of a sudden, one guy is highlighted. And then, it's seamless. And then another guy is highlighted. And then it's seamless. But one guy doesn't step out there and do his thing, and to hell with the other guys. And I think that's what great basketball should be like."

Once again Auriemma tells us why Parker isn't on the team.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
And here I thought the question was boxers or briefs.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm missing something- which was the second-to-last question?

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
Vtc, not sure why you take it as a shot against Parker. Please show me a quote where Geno ever said that Parker ever did her own thing with the Olympic team? If anything she was also just at times highlighted. He certainly didn't think that she was doing her own thing when she was getting double digit assists with the Olympic team during the last games she played. Also I would imagine that he made similar comments last Olympics when she was on the team.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The thread title was about the penultimate question, not THE 'ultimate' question...
I've told others, but you ain't no good. You've got me reaching for another "pen".

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Vtc, not sure why you take it as a shot against Parker. Please show me a quote where Geno ever said that Parker ever did her own thing with the Olympic team? If anything she was also just at times highlighted. He certainly didn't think that she was doing her own thing when she was getting double digit assists with the Olympic team during the last games she played. Also I would imagine that he made similar comments last Olympics when she was on the team.
I agree
293848828_e42bf2dc1c.jpg

Reaction Score
CP is a wonderful player, but not a Geno type player..........She will be on the 2020 team less Geno, Sur DT and TC.........

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The thread title was about the penultimate question, not THE 'ultimate' question...

OBTW, the Ultimate Question is how long will Geno stay happy coaching the Huskies. Almost got an answer to that question in the article, too. But I need it from his lips.

Reaction Score
"In the midst of this run, the team is transitioning. Taurasi -- "the best player I've ever coached," Auriemma said -- and Bird are certainly on their final Olympic teams, as is Tamika Catchings."

More of the same: U.S. women continue dominance

Guess he thinks Maya and Stewie are dogging it, huh! Why now?

No you have some truth but Geno would not say Maya was ===Stewie for the time she was in --was a bit out experienced in the France game.

Reaction Score
"And then all of a sudden, one guy is highlighted. And then, it's seamless. And then another guy is highlighted. And then it's seamless. But one guy doesn't step out there and do his thing, and to hell with the other guys. And I think that's what great basketball should be like."

Once again Auriemma tells us why Parker isn't on the team.

I didn't see Parker on that comment---if I were SHE, each time this is mentioned, I'd cringe. Geno has mentioned players in the past, usually (probably always) his own players but not why they didn't make the ultimate team for America. As the games end--allow me to quote Hillary---WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE??

Reaction Score
OBTW, the Ultimate Question is how long will Geno stay happy coaching the Huskies. Almost got an answer to that question in the article, too. But I need it from his lips.
If that answer is any less than 10 years I will be disappointed.

Reaction Score

As everyone knows my Xtal balls are broken--so I cannot do the Carnac thing! But allow me to project from what Geno's past history would suggest!

This year, again the xtal is busted, looks like a "down" year (a great year for most) for Uconn its down. Geno hates Down years!! The saving grace is that the talent on board and the Frosh and the coming recruits suggest super great years for at least 6 maybe 10. Geno loves to coach great players and great teams (Olympics?)
and again (xtal is worn out) so I would bet real money (anything over 25 cents) that he shall remain happy for 5 to 10 years--if he's happy, he's coaching! .And I'd pay folding money to be around to see him retire in 10 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom