DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
what's up with Minn so far this season?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Lynx , baby :)

Did anyone see if Brunson got hurt? Caught the last 7:00 of the game and didn't see her - and it didn't appear she was in any foul trouble

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Wow. Tough loss for Seattle. Played well for 7/8ths of the game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc said:
what's up with Minn so far this season?

Maya's shooting percentages from the field and from 3 are both much lower than I'm used to seeing. Watching for a little while tonight , she seems to be pretty amped up and almost shooting too quick at times. She wasnt picking her spots as much as she was attacking the whole time. She did have a good number of assists and a couple blocks tonight, but I am sure she would like to raise her offensive efficiency back to where it has been.

Also I think she is missing the superb passing skills of Janel McCarville - lots of assists from JMac to Maya the last couple of years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree with Mike. Maya's shooting has been off so far this season. I wonder why.

Reaction Score
She is tired from playing hoops 12 months a year........

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
jsloanjr said:
She is tired from playing hoops 12 months a year...

If so, most of the rest of the league -- at least the better players -- is much more tired by comparison. Maya smartly takes time off in the fall before joining her Chinese team and then again takes an extended break after the Chinese league wraps up its playoffs, even though she has played all the way into (and won) the finals each year. Meanwhile, Euroleague players have very little time after the WNBA season before they hit the hardwood overseas and then have to play almost right up until the start of the WNBA season in the spring. Many come to training camp late because they are literally just hopping off a plane.

The smartest move Maya has made in her career, after signing with UCONN, is her decision to go with the Chinese squad and take a lot of time for rest in both fall and spring !

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I went back to watch it. All vanilla really. The interviewer just asked him what it is like to be here with so many of his former players on the floor. Nothing of substance for eagle-eyed BYrs looking for news nuggets in the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom