GDL was brilliant in OT. | The Boneyard

GDL was brilliant in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
An overtime drive does not make up for a season of failure.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He'd be the greatest OC ever if all of our drives started on the 25.
Sadly, not even then.

Reaction Score
He was the reason we were even in OT to begin with. Fire GDL.

Agree 1000%. The D was so gassed for having been on the field for 80% of the second half snaps they had nothing left at the end of regulation. I'll even go far as to say the reason Trevardo got hurt was because he was so gassed. Excluding today's OT, the huskies have been out scored 66-3 in The 2nd half of Big East games. Other teams adjust and UConn either doesnt or can't.

Reaction Score
66-3, think about that. Coaches must walk around at half time high fiving each other the whole time.

Reaction Score
I'll even go far as to say the reason Trevardo got hurt was because he was so gassed.

Not really... he got his leg rolled up on while making a tackle - fluke

Reaction Score
@FauxCoachP: In triple overtime, @FauxGDeLeone masterfully called the plays that maneuvered us into field goal range. A true winner.

Reaction Score
Not really... he got his leg rolled up on while making a tackle - fluke

I still say he was gassed and if not gassed he is not in the position to get his leg rolled up. He would've been in on the tackle. This is by no means an indictment of Trevardo. He and many others left everything they had on that field....and then came up with more to leave on the field. That D was on the field way too many plays in the 2nd half...but that is stating the all too glaring obvious.

Reaction Score
Just brilliant.

More limited. He was brilliant in the 2d OT. We came dangerously close to not getting there in the 1st OT. And he had no decisions to make in the 3rd because the OL came through.

Talk about a post with no purpose other than to be contrarian.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
More limited. He was brilliant in the 2d OT. We came dangerously close to not getting there in the 1st OT. And he had no decisions to make in the 3rd because the OL came through.

So, can we expect a post from you every time there is someting you think is a bit exagerated on this board or am I special?

Reaction Score
Personally, I think your posts have different intentions than what appears on the surface. You've pretty much been trolling this board the entire year.

Reaction Score
Other teams adjust and UConn either doesnt or can't.

This can't be said enough. Its just ridiculous that the OC of a big time college football team cant or wont make adjustments at halftime, or during the second half, when every DC who goes against him is doing so with great success.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Personally, I think your posts have different intentions than what appears on the surface. You've pretty much been trolling this board the entire year.

I can see that.

It's because I'm sick of the negativity on this board. People act like the program is in free fall and we have the worst coaches in college football.

When I watch the games, I see the best defense in UCONN history. I see an offensive line that really stuggled but is starting to get it.

Our QB is not very experienced, not very talented and is TO prone. He is not capable at this point to run the offense the coaches want to run. But if they are committed to running that kind of offense, then we need to keep working at it. Maybe Whitmer will get it, maybe not. Maybe Coachraine or the kid from Texas.

I watched Calhoun struggle when he had inexperienced players trying to do things they were able to at that point. I also watched him win a lot of games when things clicked.

Fact is that if we flipped the FG kicker this year with the one in 2010, -- just that one player --, we would have about the same record and the game against Cincy would probably determine which was better.

We are coming off beating a top 25 team on the road for the first time in school history and have a chance for a bowl & some people seem more pissed that PP got that win than happy.

Reaction Score
I can see that.

It's because I'm sick of the negativity on this board. People act like the program is in free fall and we have the worst coaches in college football.

When I watch the games, I see the best defense in UCONN history. I see an offensive line that really stuggled but is starting to get it.

Our QB is not very experienced, not very talented and is TO prone. He is not capable at this point to run the offense the coaches want to run. But if they are committed to running that kind of offense, then we need to keep working at it. Maybe Whitmer will get it, maybe not. Maybe Coachraine or the kid from Texas.

I watched Calhoun struggle when he had inexperienced players trying to do things they were able to at that point. I also watched him win a lot of games when things clicked.

Fact is that if we flipped the FG kicker this year with the one in 2010, -- just that one player --, we would have about the same record and the game against Cincy would probably determine which was better.

We are coming off beating a top 25 team on the road for the first time in school history and have a chance for a bowl & some people seem more pissed that PP got that win than happy.

There are some valid points in this post. Unfortunately, the things that stand out are your thinly veiled shots at Edsall and the PP/JC comparison. The latter is just mind blowing. I'm sure you'll say that you didn't mean to compare them, but you kinda did.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
There are some valid points in this post. Unfortunately, the things that stand out are your thinly veiled shots at Edsall and the PP/JC comparison. The latter is just mind blowing. I'm sure you'll say that you didn't mean to compare them, but you kinda did.

My point with JC was that even the greatest coach's team can look out-of-sync when key pieces are young and not capable, yet?, of making the plays.

So if it can happen to an all-time great, we shouldn't be surprised its happening now with a QB of limited talent and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom