Gampel Nostalgia Night | The Boneyard

Gampel Nostalgia Night

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
A huge thank you to Husky Nation who showed up big time tonight! Also I want to send a shout out to the student section... for the first time in years I was very impressed by our students. It was like 90s and 2000s again. I have not seen Gampel so alive since the Shabazz buzzer beater vs Florida. The building was absolutely rocking and I loved every minute of it. Really rattled Houston!

LETS KEEP THIS INSANITY GOING!!!

Reaction Score
It was the most active student section I can remember seeing live since I stood in it in the second row for the UConn - Syracuse game in 1995. Second row student seats for two then-third year law students.

As I walked up the hill toward Gampel, there were multiple groups of students walking down the hill. I didn't get it at first but then I realized that meant that the student session was full.

Coach Hurley is just getting started.

Reaction Score
Between this game and the XL game vs Memphis it felt like old times. It's amazing to have such a buzz and energy around the program again. I forgot how much fun college hoops can be. Tonight was a blast.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What a great atmosphere tonight. You could feel the energy just pulling into campus. Awesome crowd and even more awesome effort by the team. This was my first time at Gampel this season--ceiling looks great, sound has improved, and holy crap how about that new student fitness center?!?

On a different but very interesting note: I have never seen that many guys washing their hands in a men's room, ever. That's a very good thing, too.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So I forget the Houston players name , funny kid. We were sitting baseline UConn basket in 2nd half and he was jawing with us on the baseline when vital had his cavalcade of line visits. On vital’s last trip when he lined up for rebounding position he faced us instead of the lane and with his hands on his knees kept pointing to his ring finger, meaning “ But we got the ring” that brought a laugh. Guy in front of me yells “ we got 4..... real ones” . It’s was good natured trash talk . Fun game

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
On a different but very interesting note: I have never seen that many guys washing their hands in a men's room, ever. That's a very good thing, too.

Jonathan came through slapping everyone hi fives.

I pulled my hand back and said “ how many people have you done that to already?”

Reaction Score
Big thanks to the crowd for the send off of these two warriors.

1583501915752.png

Reaction Score
What a great atmosphere tonight. You could feel the energy just pulling into campus. Awesome crowd and even more awesome effort by the team. This was my first time at Gampel this season--ceiling looks great, sound has improved, and holy crap how about that new student fitness center?!?

Nice observation but we should leave the professional restroom information to Chief

Reaction Score
We were at the St Joe's game. Gampel was half full and that is being generous. We were blasted in the first half and looked like a D2 team. I was beyond depressed. The team rallied in the second half and the fans were bringing the energy but we could not make a play at the end and St Joe's got to celebrate. This problem of not being able to find a way to finish winnable games went on into early February and then it ended! To have been at the St Joe's game and then been at the Cinci game and the Houston senior night game and seen Gampel transformed back to 2014 was amazing. What a journey this season has been. Thank you team and coaches!

Reaction Score
So I forget the Houston players name , funny kid. We were sitting baseline UConn basket in 2nd half and he was jawing with us on the baseline when vital had his cavalcade of line visits. On vital’s last trip when he lined up for rebounding position he faced us instead of the lane and with his hands on his knees kept pointing to his ring finger, meaning “ But we got the ring” that brought a laugh. Guy in front of me yells “ we got 4..... real ones” . It’s was good natured trash talk . Fun game

You could see him talking on the broadcast. I was wondering who he was talking to.

Reaction Score
Crowds have been good this year for all the decent opponents but this was definitely the best crowd of the season from start to finish. Students were great but so was everyone else too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom