Game Week -> UConn vs. USF (10/5/19 @ *NOON*) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week -> UConn vs. USF (10/5/19 @ *NOON*)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if we will be able to live stream this game on any CBS Sports apps?
I'm thinking about cutting the cord so I'm think I might sign up for YouTube TV. They will have the game, though it will probably be taped delayed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm thinking about cutting the cord so I'm think I might sign up for YouTube TV. They will have the game, though it will probably be taped delayed.

Yep. CBSSN will have the game televised on tape delay Saturday night.

Supposedly the game can be live streamed with the CBS SN app on a computer or mobile device. I'll believe it when I see it tomorrow.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Can we get some tailgate menus? Here's what I have on tap for #UConnTailgate

Breakfast:
(Turkey) Bacon Egg and Cheese breakfast wraps

Lunch:
Skirt steak cheesesteaks (with or without peppers and onions)

Post Game:
Sausage and Peppers

Bagels and Cream Cheese
Fresh mixed fruit
Asparagus Frittata
Home Fries
Greek Tomato Salad
Bloody Marys

Reaction Score
I know right! Or maybe, oh I don't know, the TV schedule was already set and the expectation to have networks rearrange their schedule for a last minute mosquito based schedule change is an unrealistic expectation?

Thank you. I don't get why people need to make asinine posts like the one you responded to just to be a jerk.

Reaction Score
Good job, no one is gonna bother you....except for those bloody marys.

LOL. This is the one tailgate a year I do for my wife and a few of her friends, and while they bring husbands the menu is done with the women in mind.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I know right! Or maybe, oh I don't know, the TV schedule was already set and the expectation to have networks rearrange their schedule for a last minute mosquito based schedule change is an unrealistic expectation?

So, to play this completely straight -- on CBSSN at noon is Tulane/Army. So, we're not attractive enough to bump that game (which is objectively true). I have no idea how these things work, but if CBS owns the rights and they could have optioned it to, I dunno, CBS, noon-3 is paid programming.

I get that we're not going national on CBS in the noon-3 slot (local stations must have some protections to make $$, etc.), but how can we not get on WFSB, at least, live at noon? Or is it that important for CBSSN to protect it''s rerun in the evening as a 'first aired' or whatever?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So, to play this completely straight -- on CBSSN at noon is Tulane/Army. So, we're not attractive enough to bump that game (which is objectively true). I have no idea how these things work, but if CBS owns the rights and they could have optioned it to, I dunno, CBS, noon-3 is paid programming.

I get that we're not going national on CBS in the noon-3 slot (local stations must have some protections to make $$, etc.), but how can we not get on WFSB, at least, live at noon? Or is it that important for CBSSN to protect it''s rerun in the evening as a 'first aired' or whatever?

CBSSN has the rights. They have a contract with Army - they aint moving Army and Army and Tulane is a WAY BETTER game.

If the game was better a network might try and do something but it’s a game between two teams working on a combined 3 calendar years since an FBS win.

CBS doesn’t own WFSB. WFSB would have to acquire the rights and figure out how to broadcast it. It’s not like there are a bunch of people sitting in their building who can drop everything and do that - if they even had people capable of it.

Tons of games only stream - who cares if this meaningless to almost everyone slopfest is on the internet instead of CBSSN.

CL82

Reaction Score
CBSSN has the rights. They have a contract with Army - they aint moving Army and Army and Tulane is a WAY BETTER game.

If the game was better a network might try and do something but it’s a game between two teams working on a combined 3 calendar years since an FBS win.

CBS doesn’t own WFSB. WFSB would have to acquire the rights and figure out how to broadcast it. It’s not like there are a bunch of people sitting in their building who can drop everything and do that - if they even had people capable of it.

Tons of games only stream - who cares if this meaningless to almost everyone slopfest is on the internet instead of CBSSN.
LOL, I might have phrased that slightly differently, but yeah.

Reaction Score
That CBS Stream is currently in 1080p so potentially could be a pretty good picture if you can HDMI to your TV

CL82

Reaction Score
My problem is that don’t get it on cable so I won’t get the stream. I think YouTube TV would help me with that.

Reaction Score
I get a message saying the CBS Sports App is not compatible with my Firestick, ARGH!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom