Game Week 2022 - UConn v. BC Eagles (Homecoming - Saturday 10/29/22 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. BC Eagles (Homecoming - Saturday 10/29/22 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

You'd have to think Turner is good to show recruits as well.

Much easier to okay RB as a frosh than QB.

I would sell the hell out coaches being able to break down film and practice to make the transition from HS to CFB successful too. The coaches have shown they can prepare these young kids for the college game.

Reaction Score

The only reason for BC to play us every year is if it’s a guaranteed win. I wish everyone was able to remember that OOC games get scheduled when it’s good for both teams, not just when it’s good for one.

Reaction Score
The playing field will level out between UCONN and BC in the not too distant future. The SEC and BiG will be coast to coast mega conferences looking for big money. That will be a rarified air for the top 40 or so programs in the country. When that happens I have to believe the rest of the country gets to something resembling regional conference formats. UCONN and BC will play annually.

Fans should absolutely be respectful of all fans and nothing like what happened in 2003 should ever happen again with UCONN at the Rent.

Reaction Score
The playing field will level out between UCONN and BC in the not too distant future. The SEC and BiG will be coast to coast mega conferences looking for big money. That will be a rarified air for the top 40 or so programs in the country. When that happens I have to believe the rest of the country gets to something resembling regional conference formats. UCONN and BC will play annually.

Fans should absolutely be respectful of all fans and nothing like what happened in 2003 should ever happen again with UCONN at the Rent.
What happened in 2003?

Reaction Score
What happened in 2003?

In the This is UConn Country story on the game, there was mention of the BC bus getting egged upon arrival and mention of fans being less than friendly towards the BC fans in attendance.

Reaction Score
In the This is UConn Country story on the game, there was mention of the BC bus getting egged upon arrival and mention of fans being less than friendly towards the BC fans in attendance.

In the early days of the Rent, when the stadium was full, the program was good and fans were intense and all to often drunk, the Rent was, frankly, not a friendly place to be. I witnessed multiple incidents of UConn fans being violent with other UConn fans, much less with visitors.

Reaction Score
The only reason for BC to play us every year is if it’s a guaranteed win. I wish everyone was able to remember that OOC games get scheduled when it’s good for both teams, not just when it’s good for one.
I bet a lot of BCU alumni would like to see this game played every year, especially since BCU is an outlier in the ACC. Syracuse posters liked the fact that the Rent was only 2 hours from NYC. I also think that people calling the shots today are smarter than dolts like defilippo.

Reaction Score
I think times have changed although I don't think BC would play UConn every year, but I think they want to put UConn in the OOC rotation. There are many reasons for BC to play UConn in football (and in other sports). Look at the 2016 game at BC. The attendance was the 2nd highest of the season behind only Clemson and ahead of both Louisville and Syracuse. I think BC now understands that they will get decent attendance when they play local teams like UConn, UMass, and their long term past rival Holy Cross.

A couple of other reasons why BC is interested in playing UConn:

1) Already play games in almost every other sport except basketball. In same conference for hockey.
2) It's an easy road game for BC (bus) which saves money. (Also why they play OOC games with UConn in other sports.)
3) CT has the 3rd largest number of BC alumni behind Massachusetts and New York.
4) Conference realignment winds continue to shift so they want as many friends as possible.
5. Generally, BC should be favored to win the games, but not this year!

Reaction Score

-> “Good bye week,” Mora said. “We got a couple of days of practice in. We gave the players a chance to rest, focus on academics and spend a little time with their families. The coaches got a chance to get a little bit of a head start on Boston College.

“We got out on the road and did some recruiting and got a chance to rest a little bit ourselves, but not much. But it was a productive week and the players came back in a really good state of mind. … People always worry that you’re going to be rusty coming off a bye. Well, I didn’t feel that today. I felt a great energy, so I’m excited for these next few weeks and certainly this week.” <-

Reaction Score
Hafley on UConn's defense: "Defensively, they’re a four-down team. They’ll play some quarters. They’ll play some Cover 1, some Cover 3. I can see [Mora's] NFL background showing up there. And I’m sure he’s very involved in the defense." Could he actually have noticed Lou Spanos has been AWOL since day one? :confused: :eek:

With scouting this astute how do we stand a chance? ;)

Reaction Score
2003. This was before Cabelas was built. There were a number of smaller lots in that area. Cars got stuck in the mud as it rained often. There was a small footbridge over a ditch to get to where the paved lots against the Tower side of the stadium are now. We were walking in and there was an older van with a kid in his young 20's on top stamping on the roof yelling "BC sucks!" We had kids 9 to 12 in our group. They were very impressed. We lost 24-14. Very competitive but they were better. O lineman for BC went on to play in the NFL. Snee with the Giants and Trueblood at OT were huge. Mathias Kiwanuka was a soph. Matt Ryan was a freshman and did not play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom