Game Thread UConn vs OSU 5:30 PM Monday | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Game Thread UConn vs OSU 5:30 PM Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This team is great but my concerns about KLS not being ready seemed to have been proven. More practices and some games will help.

Reaction Score
This team is great but my concerns about KLS not being ready seemed to have been proven. More practices and some games will help.
On the flip side, Gabby looked great. Still think the lack of an outside shooter will hurt some, but the other 4 non-Gabby starters all can shoot 3 so that's mitigated somewhat. Gabby can get up there and she plays with a ton of energy and is always mixing it up on defense.

Reaction Score
On the flip side, Gabby looked great. Still think the lack of an outside shooter will hurt some, but the other 4 non-Gabby starters all can shoot 3 so that's mitigated somewhat. Gabby can get up there and she plays with a ton of energy and is always mixing it up on defense.
We scored 100 against the #7 team, so that shooting inadequacy was probably adequately mitigated ;)

Reaction Score
Largest UConn win over a top 10 team in over 10 seasons.

Heard that on the ESPN broadcast too.

Anyone know what previous win they are referring to? Or are they just saying "it's been over 10 years since they beat a Top 10 team that badly"?

UConn beat #6 UCLA 106-64 in 1999, but can't think of anything more recent...And it was still bigger tonight: 44 vs. 42.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Wow. Gut check for everybody. What happened to Mitchell/Alston? Cold shooting?

I'll have to watch this game on WatchESPN.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

That doesn't surprise me. Gabby's legit.

Reaction Score
I actually think that could be their biggest win over a Top 10 team ever...?

Reaction Score
I'm thinking 95-70 with 5 double-figure scorers.
Close, especially on the offensive side. Defense was superb. How dominate? One more board for Stewart and Tuck would have found three double/double performances. Only soft number was free throws. Watch out world.

Reaction Score
I actually think that could be their biggest win over a Top 10 team ever...?

Yep, I think it is.

Other notable wins over Top 10 opponents:

1/9/10 Gampel UConn 88 – UNC 47 (#7) 41 pts
3/10/09 XL Center UConn 75 – Louisville 36 (#7) 39 pts
12/23/99 Gampel UConn 106 – UCLA 64 (#6) 42 pts

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Wow. Gut check for everybody. What happened to Mitchell/Alston? Cold shooting?

I'll have to watch this game on WatchESPN.

Moriah, Kia and Gabby hrrassed them just enough to throw off their shooting.

Mitchell also likes to drive the lane and that was not there tonight. She was shut down big time.

Reaction Score
Looks like there will lots of playing time for all the players. I don't expect all the games to go like this: however, how many teams on the schedule can keep it close? South Carolina, Notre Dame, Maryland, and USF. Maybe DePaul and Nebraska. All five starters looked great, and I liked the way Katie Lou and Napheesa played. When Natalie gets back and De'Janae is ready, this could be one of the greatest teams in women's basketball history.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Glad I didn't post a score prediction. Would have predicted a UConn win probably in the 85-75 range. Thought Kelsey would score at least last years 25 point average. Great win for the team. This team will get better as the freshmen will get more involved in the offense.

Reaction Score

I think you're right, hoops. Katie got 5 rebounds and I think played okay overall save for not hitting her shot yet. I half hoped Geno would let her play the last 5 minutes just to shoot. I had a teammate who had a high arching shot like her and he never missed much at the JV level. Soon as he moved up to varsity he struggled like this. Finally in a blowout game he hit 3 in a row and never looked back. I'm hoping it happens soon for KLS.

Reaction Score
I do not know if it has already been mentioned here..... but it seems that CGA gave freshmen a lot more playing time than he has with former freshmen classes..... KLS, NC, got good minutes,, and Courtney as well...... nice to see

Reaction Score
UConn could have been good this year if Geno had only recruited Gillespie.
No telling how large the spread could have been. But I really think you should have used HAHA or LOL after such a remark, someone might have taken it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom