Game Thread: UCONN/Lville AAC Championship | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Thread: UCONN/Lville AAC Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's not good defense. It's rewarding defenders for simply getting to a spot to draw a charge. That's different than playing good defense.

Huh?
Did I say it was good defense?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
sawxfan23 said:
If she passes it its a layup for kml

I learned long ago to accept those moments when Bria doesn't pass (and should) on the break, because it's the price you pay for her attack-dog mentality....and I mean that as a compliment

Reaction Score
Game getting a little chippy. I really don't want to see this team four times in a season, I always feel like they foul just a biiiiit too hard. I don't think there is a whole lot of love lost between the two.

My Louisville region would be Tennessee, Louisville, Kentucky, and UNC. Let the best team in the southeast show itself on the court. I'd put Duke and Maryland with Baylor in Stanford's region. Stanford and Tennessee should have to earn those 1 seeds. You don't want another situation like last years Final Four where one semi is a JV game and the other is the National Title.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Thank you KML! Put the ball on the floor strong, and draw contact!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wow Stewie! What a weopon!

Reaction Score
Good way to end the half, a couple nice baskets by Stewie in the post

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It would be nice if our Lefties (Banks, Tiff) could get a little more confident with the off hand.....!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Somebody tell the desk guy how to pronounce Auriemma and Quinnipiac.

Reaction Score
How does that guy work in Bristol and miss-pronounce Geno's last name that badly

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
vowelguy said:
Lol, listening to half time. I was about to ask how Chris Cotter from ESPN, in Bristol, could not know how to pronounce Quinnipiac. But then he mispronounced Auriemma 3 straight times.

That was painful. Hopefully Kara or the producer clues him in at the break

DAMN! He still didn't get it right after the break! Hello, is there a producer in the house ?? Anyone?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Lol, listening to half time. I was about to ask how Chris Cotter from ESPN, in Bristol, could not know how to pronounce Quinnipiac. But then he mispronounced Auriemma 3 straight times.
I'd say great minds but that would be an insult to you! :)

Reaction Score
If she passes it its a layup for kml

You go at the other team's best player, seeing as she had two fouls..Bria Hartley can do whatever the heck she wants to on the break anyway. So fun to watch in that situation.

Stewie and Bria have been one of the best one-two punches Uconn has ever seen.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One of our players said in a post game interview after the last game that L'ville fouls on every play, readily acknowledging that the strategy involves the refs simply having to look the other way or sent them home by the quarter. Put that together with Jeff's incessant whining and it's more than a little annoying. His ambition dishonors the game.

Reaction Score
He's certainly not the first at ESPN to mispronounce. I heard it a lot last year during the Hockey tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom