Game thread UCF | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Game thread UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'd take Jackson tonight as the best player. UConn guards couldn't handle her and lost her so many times. I recall Moriah guarding her on an inbound play, she passed the ball and Moriah let her go up the court all by herself. Fortunately for the team she missed a Wide Open 3 Point Shot. Jackson is a smart heady player. Couldn't understand why the UConn guards left her to help others on defense. She easily could have scored 40 points if her teammates got her the ball more often.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Our perimeter D on Jackson does not bode well for the Sims match-up.

Reaction Score
Note to SNY: don't cut away from Geno's post-game with 10 minutes left just so we can hear Gary Apple and Kara Wolters repeat themselves.

Reaction Score
Well, that was less than okay. I am NOT being a Chicken Little here, so this is no prediction of a trend or anything like that, but during the past two games, the UConn players, almost as a group, have reverted to some behaviors that I have not seen for a year and a half.

-- Consistent inconsistency at laying the ball in off the backboard. Even MoJeff, who almost never uses the backboard (to her credit. Notice how often her nice, soft little layup shot drops right through the hoop?) used it once during this game and guess what? She missed. Everyone else seemed to have a turn at it, too.
-- Dead periods. Last game and twice in this game, once in each half, the team just seemed to lose its ability to find the right play at the right time, and players seemed to be chucking up shots that were, let us say, not ideal. If it wasn't "in to Dolson," it wasn't. At all. They'd shake out of it after a while, but I haven't seen stretches like that since about three seasons ago.
-- Foul shooting. What was a strength has been not so great lately. Breanna, particularly, seems off her game.

I'm sure all this will get ironed out, and Geno is far more aware of such things (and many more subtle things than someone like me would ever pick up on). But those of us who worry now have something tangible to worry about, rather than the hypothetical "what if X gets hurt?"

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
But Jackson was the second best, after Stef! We don't usually see that. The kid is super.
I would absolutely agree with that.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This happens every year during the holiday break and until classes start and their normal routine begins. No reason to panic but it is good to note the issues so they can receive attention. I have never liked Stewie's shooting form with her arm out to the side rather than under the ball. I suspect it makes consistency an issue from time to time. When missing she misses many in the same way, short off the front of the rim. It is not something I would mess with, however, because she is so used to it and successful with it.

Reaction Score
The only thing good about Stewie's shooting is UNCONSCIOUS, because she's an unconscious shooter she didn't feel her misses and therefore it didn't mess her game.

As far as concern, she's my forth reliable huskies.

Reaction Score
I have never liked Stewie's shooting form with her arm out to the side rather than under the ball. I suspect it makes consistency an issue from time to time. When missing she misses many in the same way, short off the front of the rim. It is not something I would mess with, however, because she is so used to it and successful with it.

Stewie shoot like a girl... wait, she is a girl. Seriously, she shoot like a lot of girls with the 2 hand delivery,
not like MKL or Maya Moore. Most of the time the ball does not have a lot of rotation, sort of like a knuckle
ball as it get to the basket, less likely to get shooter roll, but as you said not something you can mess with at this
point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc