Game thread 2nd Quarter | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game thread 2nd Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Your offense is terrible... I can't believe your OL isn't blowing 1AA UMass (because that's really what they are) off the line... That doesn't bode well for Big East play... They are also getting a heck of a lot of penetration into the backfield on passing downs as well... Your OL is having a VERY poor game...

The O Line beat Rutgers like a rented mule last year. Just saying.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
LOL burning a trick play on a 1AA opponent... smh... :confused:

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
The O Line beat Rutgers like a rented mule last year. Just saying.
No they didn't... 21 of your 40 points came off of 6 Rutgers TOs... Rutgers outgained UConn 430yds to 290yds... The rest of the points came off of short fields due to Nick Williams... You weren't dominating along the lines...

That aside... don't you find it troubling that you can only run the ball 3yds/carry against a 1AA opponent with an erratic passing game with Whitmyer?

I had you guys pegged at 8 wins... BUT if your OL doesn't improve (BTW do you have another RB, maybe a power back, beside McCombs) you'll probably only get 4 to 5 wins...

Reaction Score
Your offense is terrible... I can't believe your OL isn't blowing 1AA UMass (because that's really what they are) off the line... That doesn't bode well for Big East play... They are also getting a heck of a lot of penetration into the backfield on passing downs as well... Your OL is having a VERY poor game...

Tell me what has to do with Jeremy Davis?

Reaction Score
No they didn't... 21 of your 40 points came off of 6 Rutgers TOs... Rutgers outgained UConn 430yds to 290yds... The rest of the points came off of short fields due to Nick Williams... You weren't dominating along the lines...

That aside... don't you find it troubling that you can only run the ball 3yds/carry against a 1AA opponent with an erratic passing game with Whitmyer?

Did you watch the game? Rutgers was getting blown 3-4 yards off the ball on every play. UConn scaled it back in the third quarter when the game was completely out of hand.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
Did you watch the game? Rutgers was getting blown 3-4 yards off the ball on every play. UConn scaled it back in the third quarter when the game was completely out of hand.
Seriously this 2012 UConn team reminds me of the 2010 Rutgers team before the Eric Legrand injury... Great defense (one that can keep most games close), poor OL and offense... Even the use of wildcat, trickeration, and finesse to move the ball due to poor passing is the same...

Whitmyer reminds me of 2010 Tom Savage as well... Has a nice arm and can move in the pocket, tentative in the pocket, holds onto the ball for too long, stares down recievers (he has the physical tools down but not the mental tools yet)... The resemblance is uncanny... I think you guys should win at least 5 games with a win ceiling of 7 games with a LOT of close games...

Did you guys lose some starters on your OL or something? It seemed like they took a step back from last year and the year before... :eek:

Reaction Score
Seriously this 2012 UConn team reminds me of the 2010 Rutgers team before the Eric Legrand injury... Great defense (one that can keep most games close), poor OL and offense... Even the use of wildcat, trickeration, and finesse to move the ball due to poor passing is the same...

Whitmyer reminds me of 2010 Tom Savage as well... Has a nice arm and can move in the pocket, tentative in the pocket, holds onto the ball for too long, stares down recievers (he has the physical tools down but not the mental tools yet)... The resemblance is uncanny... I think you guys should win at least 5 games with a win ceiling of 7 games with a LOT of close games...

Did you guys lose some starters on your OL or something? It seemed like they took a step back from last year and the year before... :eek:

You won't be treated very well around here given your posts, but yes, O line lost guys and is our main worry. We knew that coming in. We also knew Whitmer threw a few too many int's last year and hoped that wouldn't be and issue---threw 2 tonight. D is great and we have a full stable of running backs.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Please don't use "trickeration" is the worst word ever created in the CFB universe.....I cringe whenever I hear it

Reaction Score

Still hurts aye? The reaming you took last year still hurts...and that yardage advantage you referred to occurred because there was extended garbage time and our D eased off the gas pedal.

Please go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc