Game day apparel | The Boneyard

Game day apparel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I tend to be more superstitious about game day apparel as we go deeper into the season. For most regular season games I just make sure I have a UConn item on during the game. If I'm attending I turn it up a notch, and if it's a particular team or match-up that reminds me of a particular item I wear that.

For NCAA tourney games I wear only NCAA tourney UConn gear, and for Final Fours I wear exclusively National Championship items (or items from a year in which we won it). Last night I went the the official '99 NC lockerroom t-shirt and my hat from the '11 Final Four, because this year's run feels like a combination of both of those years, with the 2011 unlikely element, and also the '99 first-time element as well, as it's the first one for Ollie.

For tomorrow, heading into the Garden, I think I'm going with Championship gear. We've got three to their two, so I'm thinking of this jacket:

Nike-Hyper-Elite-Platinum-UCONN-Warm-Up-Jacket.jpg

And I need a blue shirt underneath, so I'm going with the blue, long-sleeved "Got Championships?" t-shirt.

Still debating the hat, but I think it's between the '99 official NC hat and the '11 official NC hat.

It's good to have choices.

Reaction Score
I have my 99 regional long sleever for the regional good vibe, and my 2011 big east tourney champs t-shirt for the Garden vibe.

Reaction Score
I think it's time for the 3 NC rings on the #1 finger T!

GhostofBTT

Graduate of a real college. Boss of UConn grads.
Reaction Score
If you were real ballers, you'd wear a black suit with a blue and red striped tie. If you go out wearing a t-shirt or jersey, you'll just be another prole who dresses like they're in their living room, plus your colors will probably provoke a MSU with no sleeves to break a bottle over your head.

Reaction Score
I go superstitious the other way, for awhile we were losing when I got geared up to watch at home so now I always make sure to not wear any uconn stuff. The one rule I do have with clothing is just making sure I don't have the other teams colors on.

I've been using my music in my car as the superstition mojo builder. Making sure I listen to BoB beast Mode, written in the stars, and all of the lights on my way to wherever I'm watching the game.

On my way yesterday I had the radio on... First Empire State of mind came on, great for MSG mojo, next song on was what goes around comes around by timberlake, a great tourney revenge mojo song, and after that, stayin alive by the fugees came on. Couldn't have drawn it up better myself

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
now I am all conflicted. Do I rock my Okafor jersey, my Rip jersey, or my 2011 championship t shirt?

Reaction Score
I've worn the same outfit for the past 3 tournament games. The thing is none of it is UConn gear. Now I'm going to the game tomorrow. Do I continue with whats worked or rock the UConn gear I wore during the 2011 run?

Reaction Score
I go straight Old School. Straight Grey T-Shirt with Blue UCONN across the chest.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's been Hi5tory for the entirety of this tournament. A week from this Tuesday it's going to need some serious laundering.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I've worn the same outfit for the past 3 tournament games. The thing is none of it is UConn gear. Now I'm going to the game tomorrow. Do I continue with whats worked or rock the UConn gear I wore during the 2011 run?
I believe different environment so different gear is ok for the MOJO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom