Game Day! And I Don't Mean That Other Unimportant One In Las Vegas. | The Boneyard

Game Day! And I Don't Mean That Other Unimportant One In Las Vegas.

Reaction Score
So at South Carolina at 2:00 pm on ESPN. Let's remember that 4 of our top 7 players are freshmen and that they have never played in a game like this in a place like this. To be competitive we have to simply look at this as an opportunity, stay in the moment and focus on our game. That means tight defense, ball movement and Paige and Aaliyah to play like the All Americans they are. In my book we have nothing to lose. In a year that we had all dreamed of an incredible team, we are left once again with putting the pieces back together and starting 2 freshman who likely would have seen very little action barring injuries. Yet here we are. We have become a force to be reckoned with and we have but one choice, to move forward bravely and with anticipation. Who knows? If we get to the point where it is close at the end, I like our chances with Jimmy Chitwood Bueckers having the ball.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Usually, you would find a lot of ink regarding this game, but unfortunately for us Iowa is playing on Fox at 1:00. Watching the mens game yesterday, Fox was really hyping Clarks game today, so many people may be missing UConns upset of SC. As good as Caitlin is, a lot of fans may get sick of all the talk about her during the game, instead of actually commentating the game. Anyway, there is a game in SC today, and wild horses couldn't pull me away from the TV, unless we are losing by 20 at halftime. LOL (I hope)

Reaction Score
And guess what was on while I was channel surfing? Yup, Hoosiers. Is it a sign?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If we play the game Geno has set up and Paige leads our young Huskies I like our chances alot. Paige knows how to get everybody involved while taking over when she needs to. This game could be a wake up game for UConn. This is a game on why kids come to UConn. Our inexperience can be covered by Paige leading and taking charge. We will see if that happens today. I feel we have the two best players on the court in Paige and Aaliyah. Our defense will need to shine today.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
There's a game in Las Vegas today?
Must be an NHL game...

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of hockey, I only posted this because I believe the Vegas team is/was a pretty good team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So at South Carolina at 2:00 pm on ESPN. Let's remember that 4 of our top 7 players are freshmen and that they have never played in a game like this in a place like this. To be competitive we have to simply look at this as an opportunity, stay in the moment and focus on our game. That means tight defense, ball movement and Paige and Aaliyah to play like the All Americans they are. In my book we have nothing to lose. In a year that we had all dreamed of an incredible team, we are left once again with putting the pieces back together and starting 2 freshman who likely would have seen very little action barring injuries. Yet here we are. We have become a force to be reckoned with and we have but one choice, to move forward bravely and with anticipation. Who knows? If we get to the point where it is close at the end, I like our chances with Jimmy Chitwood Bueckers having the ball.
"Don't get caught watching the paint dry."

(We're doomed.)

CL82

Reaction Score
As good as Caitlin is, a lot of fans may get sick of all the talk about her during the game, instead of actually commentating the game.
Agree. The whole "Caitlin Cam" thing seems like extraordinary hubris, until you remember that it's not like she set it up.

I suspect she may see some blowback from all the hype centered on her, rather than the team. I suppose that comes with the territory of being one of the best players in the game today and being at a school where the scheme runs the offense through you.

Ironically, I find myself feeling a little sorry for her.

CL82

Reaction Score
If we play the game Geno has set up and Paige leads our young Huskies I like our chances alot. Paige knows how to get everybody involved while taking over when she needs to. This game could be a wake up game for UConn. This is a game on why kids come to UConn. Our inexperience can be covered by Paige leading and taking charge. We will see if that happens today. I feel we have the two best players on the court in Paige and Aaliyah. Our defense will need to shine today.
Spacing will be the key for us. If our three-point game is on point that allows us to open up the paint for Aaliyah to have room to work and gives us a space to allow our back cut game to be used to its fullest. I think South Carolina may be particularly vulnerable to this because they are used to having Cardosa in the paint as an eraser. That said, I would fully expect Staley to adjust.

I'm looking forward to the game today. It is an extraordinarily challenging test. I am very interested in seeing how we do.

(Still doomed)

Reaction Score
Let the naysayers neigh. As long as statistics are around , I will always think positive, The world of Uconn BBis is really not predictable as Uconn is not predictable. We have pulled off many,many wins that were not possible according to the naysayers. This game is going to be another game that Uconn says the naysayers were WRONG! I believe in Uconn, Geno and our team and the best team will win. It won't be easy, BUT, it's POSSIBLE!!! GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Which game will she be at today?
Taylor Swift Dancing GIF

Reaction Score
Game Day indeed! This is why they play the game. On paper, every team looks the same or one team could have one or two things going their way and the other team could have a whole bunch of things going against them. On the court, it all comes down to which team executes better. The chatroom is going to be fun today.

Let's go, UConn!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Must be an NHL game...

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of hockey, I only posted this because I believe the Vegas team is/was a pretty good team.
They are the defending Stanley Cup winners and currently in second place in the Pacific Division, so yes they are pretty good. But, no today is the Kelce - Swift debacle at the Allegiant Stadium.

Reaction Score
We should reach up & go down to earth, & give the 'Best' we got ! It can be done !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom