Future Schedules | The Boneyard

Future Schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BC just grabbed the Ohio State University for a home and home in 2020 and 2021. They have USC (the one in CA) in 2013 and 2014. They also have ND for another 10 years home and home. Has Uconn added anybody beyond MI next year? Is TN still on?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I thought that it was initially scheduled for 8 (4 home, 4 away). If they split the conference into two 6-team divisions, you'll get the 5 games in your division and 3 cross-over games (half the other division). The only thing that might change that is an addition of a 14th team coupled with an early entry of Navy, but all signs point to 2013 being what we know it as right now...

Reaction Score
BC just grabbed the Ohio State University for a home and home in 2020 and 2021. They have USC (the one in CA) in 2013 and 2014. They also have ND for another 10 years home and home. Has Uconn added anybody beyond MI next year? Is TN still on?

The lack of any movement at all on this, has got me a lot more worried than what's happening on the field in 2012.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Maybe we are planning on dropping back to 1AA again.

Reaction Score
For conspiracy addicts, it could be a sign of future conference movement.

Look for McMurphy to tweet that he expects us to play approximately 12 games per year in the future.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati and BYU will play a two-game series in 2015-16, the schools announced Thursday.

The Cougars will host the Bearcats Oct. 24, 2015, in Provo, Utah before traveling to Cincinnati for a Nov. 12, 2016 game.

The schools have never played.

“We are very pleased to announce this home and home series with BYU,” Cincinnati athletic director Whit Babcock said in a release. "They have a storied history and we look forward to competing against an opponent of their caliber. It should be a wonderful addition to our home schedule in Nippert Stadium for our ticket holders as well as serving as a great student-athlete experience for our players when we travel to Provo.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/38689/cincinnati-byu-announce-two-game-series

Reaction Score
According to any public source out there, the future UConn schedule is not problematic because of flexibility in dates. Three years ago - that was a good thing. For the 2016-2017 and beyond seasons right now - that's a good thing. Right now?

i'm worried. Hathaway - for how he handled football scheduling, should have been fired long before Susan arrived.

Reaction Score
According to any public source out there, the future UConn schedule is not problematic because of flexibility in dates. Three years ago - that was a good thing. For the 2016-2017 and beyond seasons right now - that's a good thing. Right now?

i'm worried. Hathaway - for how he handled football scheduling, should have been fired long before Susan arrived.

I am one of JH's biggest critics, but I think he did OK with scheduling. He did a good job leveraging the basketball programs to get 1 and 1 with Michigan and Tennessee. We also had Iowa on the schedule but they cancelled. ND was willing to play us 10 times, but public opinion torpedoed the series. Iowa State, NCState, UVA and Maryland were all pretty decent gets when we signed those series. We lost Army and Navy because of Edsall and in turn had to replace them with more MAC schools. The 100 year deal with Buffalo was the only real joke. I really hope we never see them again after next year.

2014 will be a test of WM's competence. So far it has been disheartening to see schools of our stature signing games with powerhouse schools while we sit on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
I am one of JH's biggest critics, but I think he did OK with scheduling. He did a good job leveraging the basketball programs to get 1 and 1 with Michigan and Tennessee. We also had Iowa on the schedule but they cancelled. ND was willing to play us 10 times, but public opinion torpedoed the series. Iowa State, NCState, UVA and Maryland were all pretty decent gets when we signed those series. We lost Army and Navy because of Edsall and in turn had to replace them with more MAC schools. The 100 year deal with Buffalo was the only real joke. I really hope we never see them again after next year.

2014 will be a test of WM's competence. So far it has been disheartening to see schools of our stature signing games with powerhouse schools while we sit on the sidelines.

On the first part - if you're going to look at the good, you also have to look at the bad, and when I do that, the bad outweighs the good - just regarding scheduling - never mind the rest. I'll leave it at that.

As for the second part - the giant hole in our schedule right now, for a schedule that's supposed to have game 1, 20 months from today - is I hope Manuel's #1 priority from morning to night these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom