Fuller: Thoughts on the three UConn commits | The Boneyard

Fuller: Thoughts on the three UConn commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I saw Delle Donne during U.S. junior national team trials at a similar point in her career and Samuelson's ability to score inside and outside is comparable to Delle Donne's skill set but at the same age Delle Donne was physically stronger than Samuelson.

Much like Morgan Tuck is the perfect foil to Breanna Stewart, I think Boykin will complement Samuelson very well during their time in Storrs.

She (Collier) is at her best in the open court and should thrive in the system utilized by UConn Hall of Fame coach Geno Auriemma.

I received multiple positive reports on Natalie Butler, who is coming to UConn as a transfer after an outstanding freshman season at Georgetown.

LINK

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She (Collier) is at her best in the open court and should thrive in the system utilized by UConn Hall of Fame coach Geno Auriem

I think Collier will be much better in the half court than what Fuller likely saw when she plays in UConn's team-oriented, movement offense.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"I didn't see anywhere near as much of the U-18 practices as I did the U-17 ones so it was harder to give a total scouting report on Napheesa Collier but the first thing I was struck by is how offensive rebounds just seem to find her. As I tweeted during by time there, Collier plays hard on every possession."

Offensive rebounds often fall into the hands of the hardest workers... :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That trio has different skills, but they are all uber-competitive and want to win.

I like the comment about expecting all of Lou's shots to go in. Actually, we have a player like that now. It's a Mater Dei thing. :)

Reaction Score
"I didn't see anywhere near as much of the U-18 practices as I did the U-17 ones so it was harder to give a total scouting report on Napheesa Collier but the first thing I was struck by is how offensive rebounds just seem to find her. As I tweeted during by time there, Collier plays hard on every possession."

Offensive rebounds often fall into the hands of the hardest workers... :)
I know what you mean. I think there are some people who instinctively know angles and where to be positioned to likely get a carom off the rim or backboard. I think you either have it or you don't. Beyond that, I think positioning your body to box out your opponent helps a bunch, as well. I think she's a gem and will really enhance the people around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom