Fuller: Staley excited about USA BB gigs and playing at UConn | The Boneyard

Fuller: Staley excited about USA BB gigs and playing at UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"I think our players need to experience playing against a national-championship (team)," Staley said. "If we want to achieve a milestone like that, you have to play against the best teams in the country and obviously UConn is that and hopefully will give them a great game. That is what they keep saying. I think the game is going to be good for women's basketball so it doesn't matter whether it is February, November, the fact we have them on the schedule.

LINK

Reaction Score
Yeah, until and if she ever disses Geno, a UConn player, or the fans. :rolleyes:
from everything I have read about her, I don't think that would happen but stranger things have....

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I LOVE having USC East on the schedule. It adds more muscle to UConn's already robust OOC schedule, it shows how there are no hard feelings about A'ja Wilson but optimism about other great things to come for the Huskies, and by playing in the heart of SEC territory, it gives UConn a great game for recruiting purposes on top of all the games in Texas (SMU, Houston, Baylor, etc). Moreover, Dawn Staley is one of the great representatives of WBB and has been for ages. I look forward to adding USC East to Stanford, Duke, Baylor, and Notre Dame. What more could give UConn better experience as the Huskies shoulder the weight of great expectations of a three-peat in 2014-15?

Reaction Score
PHS set to tone for playing teams home or away to grow the game. Now, other great coaches are following her lead to venture up against the best teams. USC, Penn State, Ohio State, Baylor want to expose the players and fans to the best in WCBB year in and year out..........GO UCONN!!........Who else wants to take the leap?...........

Reaction Score
I will get slamed by most on this forum , but I could care less!!>>I think Staley has a smug I'am better than you attitude. And -- at times she covers it well........ I Do not care for her!!!!! Go Gabby,Go Butler,Go Stewart,Go all,GO UCONN!!!!We need another spark this summer--How about Durr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom