Fuller: Sadie Edwards with 27 at Blair goes to 2-0 | The Boneyard

Fuller: Sadie Edwards with 27 at Blair goes to 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to see her playing next year.

Reaction Score
Same here. Nice going against LCA, Edwards. Sweet payback for last year, eh? Good luck to you and Blair in Baltimore. See if you can find time for some Greek food......Samos is very good. Delicious grape leaves.

Speaking of payback, I know your girls team took Lawrenceville for the NJ Prep title last year. Well, back in the day, on the boys side, our Lawrenceville team, playing without our top scorer, lost to favored Blair during the regular season up at your court ; a shot hit the track which overhung the court back then and that proved to be the turning point on a hotly disputed ruling re whether or not the ball was still in play (the refs call reversed the pre-game instructions they had given us regarding that very possibility).

Later on, in the state playoffs, both teams made it to the Final Four. And it looked like we were destined for a rematch and we were looking for some payback. Blair drew famous St. Benedicts, and lost to them in the semi-finals. Playing without our top scorer again (illness....the kid went on to be All Ivy at Penn) we were down to Pennington in our semi 14-3, but"'caught fire" and "stunned" them to win comfortably. Then, jumping out to a 21-7 lead, we downed St. Benedicts for the Prep Division I State Championship, for some indirect payback of our own. Hope you'll take it easy on the Laurentians this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom