Fuller: Latest UConn Recruit "set to flourish" | The Boneyard

Fuller: Latest UConn Recruit "set to flourish"

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jim spoke with both Russ Davis and Kevin Kiernan: http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/05/latest-uconn-recruit-set-to-flourish.html

"People always talk about her shooting because it is just ridiculous but she can get to the basket, she can rebound, she can block shots, she can post up," Davis said. "She has this summer, all next year and the following summer before she gets there. I told her last night, ‘the neat thing about this Lou is you haven’t even scratched the surface because your ceiling is so high.' He (UConn coach Geno Auriemma) does a great job with the player development stuff and you are only going to get better and better playing around with great players. With us she gets doubled and tripled team and that is not going to happen at UConn playing with so many great players so I think she is really going to flourish."

"She wanted to have respect for all five (finalists)," Kiernan said. "But UConn was her first (official) visit, she really loved it and she didn't want to waste their time."

"I thought for a long time it was a two-horse race between Notre Dame and Connecticut because she wanted to play for one of the best programs and right now those two are arguably the two best programs," Davis said. "She said last night she wanted to play for Coach (Auriemma). What people forget is that the Samuelsons have known them for seven or eight years now because they recruited all the Samuelsons so they really got the chance to know the family, know the kids and that relationship was built for a long time similar to Stanford for having those kids for so long so I think that relationship really helped them at the end.
"

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Loved the stuff about Engeln at the end. Pretty good situation when the AAU coach can say such nice things about the situation with a former player who transferred out of the program. Speaks to how well the parting went on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom