Fuller: Geno on the realities of recruiting | The Boneyard

Fuller: Geno on the realities of recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"We never go in saying we are going to recruit one player in this class, that makes no sense," Auriemma said. "The reason sometimes that happens and I think what happens is players that you want, maybe they told you one thing and it turned out to be something different, maybe something came up that you didn't anticipate or maybe somebody else just did a better job of recruiting. If we got every player we recruited, who would be play against. These people who think that just because we makes a phone call, they are coming to Connecticut they are out of their freaking minds. We recruit five other players and we get four out of those five and for whatever reason it just kind of falls apart and what are you supposed to do, run out and go 'there are three other kids' they suck, they can't play here but at least we will have a four-person recruiting class or they will get a lot better by the time they are junior and they might help us. Really? By the time they are junior, four other kids have come in to play their position that are better than them."

LINK

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There he goes again making excuses - why doesn't he just own up and say what he was doing all last recruiting cycle when he only landed on player?!! A little too much vino has always been my suspicion.:cool:

Reaction Score
There he goes again making excuses - why doesn't he just own up and say what he was doing all last recruiting cycle when he only landed on player?!! A little too much vino has always been my suspicion.:cool:
\\

UCM: now YOU would think that way. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member