Fuller: Former UConn standout Kiah Stokes ready to showcase offense with Liberty | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fuller: Former UConn standout Kiah Stokes ready to showcase offense with Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Is it fair to say that the UConn starting five (14-15) is better than the Liberty starting five?

Reaction Score
So... Kiah was ranked in the 40's in her high school class, and something like fifth at her position. And she went on to go #11 overall in the WNBA draft. But she wasn't developed at UCONN?? Kiah should be the poster girl for getting developed at UCONN.

The discussion here is in regards to her offensive development, specifically her shooting. Don't think anyone here doesn't think that Kiah developed at UConn.

Reaction Score
The discussion here is in regards to her offensive development, specifically her shooting. Don't think anyone here doesn't think that Kiah developed at UConn.
Exactly. She should have had 10 pts. a game just on offensive rebound putbacks.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
DavidinNaples said:
Since March 23, 2013 UConn has a 84-1 record... 18-0 in the NCAA tournament... 3 straight National Championships..... average margin of victory in the NCAAs of 31.2 points per game.... If only Geno could have coached more points from Kiah.... :rolleyes:
this was exactly what I wanted to post before reading you'd long since done so. Bottom line, Kiah got to experience four Final Fours, three NCs, one of the greatest WCBB teams ever (2013-14), and a first-round selection in the WNBA draft. She was used well at UConn and now has the opportunity to thrive at the next level. Everyone, Geno included, is rooting for her.

Reaction Score
this was exactly what I wanted to post before reading you'd long since done so. Bottom line, Kiah got to experience four Final Fours, three NCs, one of the greatest WCBB teams ever (2013-14), and a first-round selection in the WNBA draft. She was used well at UConn and now has the opportunity to thrive at the next level. Everyone, Geno included, is rooting for her.

Right, Kiah loved her time at Uconn and never had any regrets. This is not about how she developed or not developed her offense at UConn. The team won championship and she played the role that Geno wanted her to play.
Now, she has an opportunity to play a different role in New York as NY needs her to be more aggressive offensively. She loves her new role and is working hard to fulfill it. It is where she fits in. If she doesn't do it, they will replace her.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what new news Jim's article brought about here. ????

Many of felt Kiah should go in the 1st round because not only super defense and rebounding but she could shoot a bit.

We weren't believing "The Doris Burke's" of the world who would say in the finals or semis "that nobody is guarding Kiah Stokes." I digress but many like Doris Burke's analysis - I don't. I think while being a super nice person- she is downright awful as wcbb analyst. I'm in the minority. Stating nobody is guarding Kiah Stokes and it goes unchallenged - all of a sudden articles get written and comments made that agree- but it was always woefully false - an extreme over-exaggeration that turns into media gospel. Doris doesn't watch wcbb like she used to. I'm done with this.

For those that believe that Kiah is some kind of offensive weapon - I'd like to ask what do they think will happen when her outside shot is off for 3-4 consecutive games? How will Liberty's offense run? Will Kiah be able to get to the ft line? Low post vs potentially stronger and just as big- if not bigger- players in which refs probably let more physical play be acceptable? Will she pass well? Will she be terrific off the offensive glass?

Once the outside shot goes for a series of games, the offense wil continue to have Kiah be a major part of being a scorer even though she can't get to the line much, can't handle the ball well, isn't a strong low post player and isn't that much of a passer? Really?

Many of us felt Kiah should have been a 1st round pick because we've seen her a lot know her strengths and know the Doris Burke's of the world are out of their minds. But at least for me imo - I love how Bill took Kiah -- but in this case if he is expecting Kiah to be an offensive weapon, he'll have a lot to learn though the course of the season. Kiah is a beast defensively and can hit outside shots but she isn't a scorer that can be relied upon to do more when the shot is off.

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what new news Jim's article brought about here. ????

Many of felt Kiah should go in the 1st round because not only super defense and rebounding but she could shoot a bit.

We weren't believing "The Doris Burke's" of the world who would say in the finals or semis "that nobody is guarding Kiah Stokes." I digress but many like Doris Burke's analysis - I don't. I think while being a super nice person- she is downright awful as wcbb analyst. I'm in the minority. Stating nobody is guarding Kiah Stokes and it goes unchallenged - all of a sudden articles get written and comments made that agree- but it was always woefully false - an extreme over-exaggeration that turns into media gospel. Doris doesn't watch wcbb like she used to. I'm done with this.

For those that believe that Kiah is some kind of offensive weapon - I'd like to ask what do they think will happen when her outside shot is off for 3-4 consecutive games? How will Liberty's offense run? Will Kiah be able to get to the ft line? Low post vs potentially stronger and just as big- if not bigger- players in which refs probably let more physical play be acceptable? Will she pass well? Will she be terrific off the offensive glass?

Once the outside shot goes for a series of games, the offense wil continue to have Kiah be a major part of being a scorer even though she can't get to the line much, can't handle the ball well, isn't a strong low post player and isn't that much of a passer? Really?

Many of us felt Kiah should have been a 1st round pick because we've seen her a lot know her strengths and know the Doris Burke's of the world are out of their minds. But at least for me imo - I love how Bill took Kiah -- but in this case if he is expecting Kiah to be an offensive weapon, he'll have a lot to learn though the course of the season. Kiah is a beast defensively and can hit outside shots but she isn't a scorer that can be relied upon to do more when the shot is off.
I used to think Doris was the best, but I think less of her these days. She spends too much time sermonizing while she should be calling the game. Call the !@#$% game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom