Fuller: Edwards, Williams and Wilson nominated for McDonalds game | The Boneyard

Fuller: Edwards, Williams and Wilson nominated for McDonalds game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I understand that Courtney and Kia are not eligible. Too bad.

I think lots of kids get nominated, but only 20 or so are selected. I think A'ja and Gabby are locks. I think Sadie has a real shot at it too.

HGN

Reaction Score
Congratulations Gabby and Sadie on being Nominated...........And Good Luck and I wish you guys well on being Selected.

U

UCONNfan1

15 pages of nominees? Isn't that just about every high school girls player in the nation who is college bound???

Reaction Score
I honest can't believe my eyes. And I'd say even UConn fans would agree there has got to be some kind of political drama or a ridiculous mess put hat consensus Top 25 player Alexa Middleton isn't even nominated. Worth note, Nared and Dunbar were.

Reaction Score
First of all it's guys and girls combined on that list.

What you may also notice is NOT ONE GIRL FROM THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT was nominated!!!

What the heck???? Coaches/administrators dropped the ball there...and I'm looking at you RHAM!!!!

Reaction Score
I honest can't believe my eyes. And I'd say even UConn fans would agree there has got to be some kind of political drama or a ridiculous mess put hat consensus Top 25 player Alexa Middleton isn't even nominated. Worth note, Nared and Dunbar were.

Not factually accurate. She is not a top 25 CONSENSUS player
Prospects has her at #22
Full Court #32
ESPN #28
ASGR #46
Doesn't work out to a consensus top 25 unless you're using other services. If that's the case, I would be interested in seeing them.

Reaction Score

But I do agree with you that something fishy is going on. The State of California has 20 nominees while Iowa has about 72 (I lost concentration counting)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
First of all it's guys and girls combined on that list.

What you may also notice is NOT ONE GIRL FROM THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT was nominated!!!

What the heck???? Coaches/administrators dropped the ball there...and I'm looking at you RHAM!!!!
She's not playing in Connecticut, but Edwards is from Connecticut.

Reaction Score
You could nominate a ham sandwich - the number of players nominated is a longstanding joke.

I don't get why Kia Nurse can't be nominated - doesn't McDonald's sell hamburgers in Canada?

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
There is only 4-5 girls on the California list. That cant be right. Where is Jordin Canada?
There are 5 players from Sacramento HS?

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I thought I read somewhere that the list was not a complete list so no need to worry.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just a follow up on this. The final rosters announcement is going to be on ESPNU on Wed 1/29 at 3:00. Hopefully somebody will remind us of this near the date. (don't count on me remembering)

HGN

Reaction Score
There are bound to be a few worthy omissions.........Least we forget that Saniya wasn't selected for the McDonalds AA game last year either. And now she is eating the lunch of a few that were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom