Full schedule out next week? | The Boneyard

Full schedule out next week?

Reaction Score
This would be a lot earlier than last year when it wasn't released until September 23.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Is it safe to assume that the teams we played at XL last year will be the teams we play at Storrs this year?

Reaction Score
Is it safe to assume that the teams we played at XL last year will be the teams we play at Storrs this year?
Yeah cant see this administration sending away a 14k house for some of the big conference slates. Maybe they send one to Gampel tops.

Reaction Score
If they want to do it with some level of fairness they would split games based on tier of likely fan interest:

Tier 1: Nova / Providence
Tier 2: OK State / Creighton
Tier 3: Xavier / Seton Hall
Tier 4: St. John's / Georgetown
Tier 5: Marquette / Butler
Tier 6: DePaul / Buffalo

then it's all cupcakes from there, so if you had a theoretical:

XL: Nova, OK State, Xavier, St. John's, Marquette, DePaul
Gampel: Providence, Creighton, Seton Hall, Georgetown, Butler, Buffalo

That'd be a pretty fair outcome for season ticketholders at both venues. That's what i would define as 4 games of intrigue at both venues.

A lot of subjectivity in this, and no consideration for when games are played relative to school being in session but you get the idea. Hoping they do something like this (and praying for no 8:30 tips at Gampel unless it's a Tier 1 or 2 game.)

Reaction Score
I actually kinda like the 8:30 tips. Just think they have to choose better opponents for those starts. Georgetown mid week at 8:30 makes zero sense.

Please limit the 6:30 starts!!

Reaction Score
I actually kinda like the 8:30 tips. Just think they have to choose better opponents for those starts. Georgetown mid week at 8:30 makes zero sense.

Please limit the 6:30 starts!!
8:30 works well for me. Just got the kids to bed and I'm good to go. At 6:30 I'm wrapping up dinner and trying to shepherd everyone upstairs.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If they want to do it with some level of fairness they would split games based on tier of likely fan interest:

Tier 3: Xavier / Seton Hall
Tier 4: St. John's / Georgetown
Tier 5: Marquette / Butler
Tier 6: DePaul / Buffalo

then it's all cupcakes from there, so if you had a theoretical:

XL: Nova, OK State, Xavier, St. John's, Marquette, DePaul
Gampel: Providence, Creighton, Seton Hall, Georgetown, Butler, Buffalo

That'd be a pretty fair outcome for season ticketholders at both venues. That's what i would define as 4 games of intrigue at both venues.

A lot of subjectivity in this, and no consideration for when games are played relative to school being in session but you get the idea. Hoping they do something like this (and praying for no 8:30 tips at Gampel unless it's a Tier 1 or 2 game.)
I still think we’ll put both Villanova and Providence at XL for monetary purposes.

Reaction Score
I still think we’ll put both Villanova and Providence at XL for monetary purposes.
I suspect XL will get 3 of these 4 games. The athletic department is clearly scrambling for money this year.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
My guess:
XL: Okie State, Nova, Creighton, Providence, Butler, DePaul, Buffalo, UNC-Wilmington

Gampel: The rest

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom