From My Cold Dead Hands! | The Boneyard

From My Cold Dead Hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This will be a tough game tonight. I'll settle for no blood shed between this Canadian and Stewie/Moriah.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/pan...-at-us-for-pan-am-womens-basketball-gold.html

A qoute from our Canadian star:

“I think a lot of teams back in the day just rolled over Canada like we were just another team,” said Nurse. “Now we get to play great teams in our (European) exhibition series and people are kind of afraid of us. So it’s good to be the hunted.”

Yup, Kia, hunted 365!

Attachments

• From My Cold Dead Hands.jpg
    From My Cold Dead Hands.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 37

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Who is afraid of Canada in basketball ? Belize? Uruguay ? :rolleyes:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Canada IMHO is the favorite in tonight's game. Canada a team that finished 5th in last years World Championship and has been together for almost two years has so much more experience then USA's College team which is not completely healthy. Hoping for Gold, but Silver will be a good showing for this Young Team. Canada is an team with a lot of depth that plays as a team, but has no Great Players/Super Stars.

Reaction Score
I have gone on ESPN3 to see Pan Am and all they are showing is the British Open which ended hours ago.
What's up?

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I have gone on ESPN3 to see Pan Am and all they are showing is the British Open which ended hours ago.
What's up?

And if you have the app you can watch just the streaming of the game instead of a "rolling" stream of all sports playing (like boxing or volleyball etc)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This canadian team is still ranked by Fiba as #10 in the world with USA as #1 and Brazil as #7 - but the Fiba ranking system looks at a much longer time period than the last 18 months (Russia is still ranked #5 though they failed to qualify for the Olympics!). Canada finished second in the FIBA Americas tournament to Brazil. Since then, Brazil failed to qualify for the quarterfinals at the worlds losing to France while Canada lost in the Quarterfinals, then beat France (#4 rank) and China (#8 rank) to claim fifth place. They are definitely a team on the rise and likely the second best National team in the Americas and one of the top 6 in the world.

They certainly should be favored against a USA team that is definitely not the National Team, and the other Americas teams should fear them.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

And if you have the app you can watch just the streaming of the game instead of a "rolling" stream of all sports playing (like boxing or volleyball etc)

Not broadcasting yet and its 8:36

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Not broadcasting yet and its 8:36
They had moved it to 845. Streaming it on my watch ESPN app. Sooooo glad I got that.

BTW anyone with cable can get it. You use your cable info to get access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01