Freshmen Focus - The Next Wave | The Boneyard

Freshmen Focus - The Next Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
-Katie Lou, we have one of the best shooters in the country from Mater Dei and that is where Kaleena went to school. I would say Katie Lou is a shooter that is at the same level that Kaleena is except that she is 6’3″, so that in of itself is something that very few people in the country are gonna have -
-Napheesa Collier , you know her motor goes all the time, this kid is one of the most active, energetic , efficient players that I have seen in a long time. Very few h.s. kids you see block a shot at one end , then Offensive rebound at the other end and lay it up on the same possession. Most kids don’t work that hard, this kid is relentless
-De’Jenae is kind of sneaky. You don’t notice her as much until all of a sudden she is up around the rim rebounding the ball , makes a good pass to someone cutting for a layup, knocking down a shot from 17-18 feet..and getting out in the passing lanes because she is so long

See more at: http://www.wiseeyesports.com/uconn-wbb-freshman-focus-the-next-wave/#sthash.EHWElEMX.dpuf

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When Collier said she never lifted weights 'til she hit UConn that sorta surprised me. But it did spur another thought which sorta echoes Geno. A number of folks here have suggested that two of the freshman are going to slide right into super performance. Well, if they did that would suggest all the hard work/training/coaching does not mean much. Moving from HS to Div. I, let allow a 3 in a row Nat'l Champ with 4 returning starters means you have a lot ahead of you and, of course, each of the three freshman echo that: Why did you chose UConn? To be pushed by the best to be the very best I can be. On the eve of the first official practice I wonder how much sleep each of the 3 will get? May they sleep like babies. The grown up games start tomorrow.

Still, the next wave is rolling in:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
None will start, but they will get playing time. Napheesa will get the most, then Katie Lou and then De'Janae. They will all help UConn win an unprecedented fourth straight championship.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
When Collier said she never lifted weights 'til she hit UConn that sorta surprised me. But it did spur another thought which sorta echoes Geno. A number of folks here have suggested that two of the freshman are going to slide right into super performance. Well, if they did that would suggest all the hard work/training/coaching does not mean much. Moving from HS to Div. I, let allow a 3 in a row Nat'l Champ with 4 returning starters means you have a lot ahead of you and, of course, each of the three freshman echo that: Why did you chose UConn? To be pushed by the best to be the very best I can be. On the eve of the first official practice I wonder how much sleep each of the 3 will get? May they sleep like babies. The grown up games start tomorrow.

Still, the next wave is rolling in:

I liked it. What do you call that genre?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
That's country. :(
OK, thanks. I didn't know if it was a specialized country, like Folk Country, Adult Contemporary Country, Urban Country, or whatever.

Reaction Score
It's tough being a country song writer in CT. Still waiting for my latest effort to hit the charts: "If She Wasn't So Good Looking I Might Have Seen the Train."

Reaction Score
Q: what do you get when you play country music backwards?

A: You get your wife back, you get your job back, you get your dog back, etc....

Old Joke...
And your truck fixes itself...

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

A: You get your wife back, you get your job back, you get your dog back, etc....

Old Joke...
And if you listen closely you can just make out: Dolly is dead.

Reaction Score
Country is pretty much country. It all sucks. :rolleyes:
If you don't like country so be it. Perhaps you'd care to share the great musical compositions that you favor on your Ipod or where ever you listen. Maybe we have a similar description of your choice. Just asking.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you don't like country so be it. Perhaps you'd care to share the great musical compositions that you favor on your Ipod or where ever you listen. Maybe we have a similar description of your choice. Just asking.
I've put some videos up in some of the other music threads. Mostly rock, blues, americana stuff.

(actually I do have some country on my media player, or at least country artists - playing more rockish, bluesy, americanish stuff :D)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

Old Joke...
Did you see the movie Mars Attacks where what finally makes the aliens heads explode is hearing country music? Very funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom