Freshmen acclimating WELL | The Boneyard

Freshmen acclimating WELL

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
got an update from a parent of one of the girls

the Foursome are definitely getting dose of the rigors of College , UConn workouts... but the word is that they are definitely improving everyday and getting along very well.

every time I see pic of the four of them together...it strikes me how much Lexi & Andra look alike..and ssame for Megan & Mikayla.
could pass for 2 sets of sisters

the Trip in August will truly benefit these 4 ... and team overall. #Chemistry
(big group of new pplayers)

UCONN2017class.jpg

Reaction Score
every time I see pic of the four of them together...it strikes me how much Lexi & Andra look alike..and same for Megan & Mikayla.
Yes, I just found those 2 sets of sisters really look alike.
We will have some super stars among those four in couple years.

Reaction Score

the Foursome are definitely getting dose of the rigors of College , UConn workouts... but the word is that they are definitely improving everyday and getting along very well.

every time I see pic of the four of them together...it strikes me how much Lexi & Andra look alike..and ssame for Megan & Mikayla.

View attachment 22707

Coombs is going to be good for us because she has a bit of mean in her. We need that.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think Lexi Gordon may surprise some folks, if a UCONN player REALLY surprise someone. I've watched some footage of her and she is quick and is really good at driving toward the basket and drawing fouls. Don't sleep on her.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Re: The OP...My freshman year in college was traversed in pea soup fog.

Reaction Score

View attachment 22707
Have to agree with you in all respects of this posting---Two sets of twins---amazing. The Trip to Italy WILL be a bonding experience
for all. I remember when Shea and company went to Europe--that team became (nearly) one--if memory is correct--Christine mixed them up a bit in roommates to assist with the total bonding--this trip is a tiny bit about basket ball and an Italian visit--BONDING/CHEMISTRY is the reason for the trip (and Geno getting real Italian food with relatives)

Reaction Score
I can see us starting another undefeated streak.. in the tourney with the Fab 4 plus 2 more (the 2 transfers that sat out this past season) grouped with the returning starting 5 we already have... WCBB is in serious trouble... that last 2nd loss in the Final Four left a really really bad taste in our kids' mouths I'm sure....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The transition to college with better coaching, better teammates, more practice, and stronger opponents makes projections of HS talent really difficult except when you are dealing with a Stewart or Moore type of player. The great undifferentiated masses of the ratings services from #30 down to #5 and in many years down to #1 are always full of surprises through no fault of the ratings services.

At least at Uconn with few exceptions we know that the development curve for the recruits through their four years will be strong and whatever potential they came in with will blossom under the coaching and discipline. Specific to players who were generally the star of their HS and often their AAU teams, the process of integration into a team with equal or greater talent is never easy - the balance between deferring to teammates and asserting themselves is delicate.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think Lexi Gordon may surprise some folks, if a UConn player REALLY surprise someone. I've watched some footage of her and she is quick and is really good at driving toward the basket and drawing fouls. Don't sleep on her.
I agree. She looks big on the court. With strength training she should be a very strong, tough player and good at driving the ball to the basket and finishing with contact.

Reaction Score
In 2 years, if all stays well, these four your ladies will be leading the team to a National Championship.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

View attachment 22707

How nice would it be for these four ladies to take a similar picture (in the same positions) at the beginning of each year they're at UConn. Like some parents do for their children from their first day of school (kindergarten) through 12th grade. That would be a keepsake for them. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
How nice would it be for these four ladies to take a similar picture (in the same positions) at the beginning of each year they're at UConn. Like some parents do for their children from their first day of school (kindergarten) through 12th grade. That would be a keepsake for them. :rolleyes:

1/2 of them will be gone by then.. jk. That would be a great picture

Reaction Score
wow. you ain't kidding coach! we'll need their uniform numbers for a while....what an amazing core 4.
I thought i was alone in this facial/body style challenged. I hope the opponents have as much trouble as I do.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought i was alone in this facial/body style challenged. I hope the opponents have as much trouble as I do.
If we get Myra Gordon and Lexi gets in foul trouble, they can switch uniforms at halftime to fool the opponents and refs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom