Freshman seasons: Lou and Kaleena | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Freshman seasons: Lou and Kaleena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You could be right, hoophuskee, but I admit I don't see basketball analyzed through style or statistical comparison. Each player is moving through 4 years of development at the same time as the team is moving through 4 years of different components and needs. It's such a fluid game, with some many unpredictables. I think this is especially true about Stewie and Lou. Precisely because they are both very tall and coordinated,virtually all offensive options are open to them all the time and they can score from anywhere. They defy categorization. The only important issue, IMHO, is giving them an occasional screen and enough space to operate. What type of shot they take will just depend on circumstance. No two great players are "like" each other (is LeBron "like" MJ?), because they are so dynamic that they are always changing, evolving, adapting to different needs and circumstances. I wish we would all wear a button: "LET LOU BE LOU."

I'm not sure what the bold means. You asked a while ago "Why did you become a fan?" As I stated in your thread it seems I agree so much with what Geno says. For example, I heard him say this season that he feels freshmen sometimes yield too much. Then he said "What are you good at," as if he was asking a freshman. IMO that nails it. What was one of KLS's strength? Shooting the ball. Where is she left most wide open now? From 3. Where did she shoot most of her shots from in high school in which she was "real good at?" From the outside. Probably from 3.

I don't care who you are. Overall you don't deliberately go away from your strength if you want to succeed. Sure work on your weaknesses but you still use your strengths more in competition because confidence can be fleeting. Especially for younger players. Once the blowout happens - more work can be done on the weaknesses but you still need to keep the strengths sharp. KLS's main weapon is the three ball. It is harder for the defenses to defend also. There is much more room to move.

Sure LeBron and Jordan evolved. But while they were scoring their 30 points per game early in their careers, they weren't magically gifted in BOTH shooting and driving. They were much more athletes first that got into the lane and their overall athleticism was too much to cope with. They established a part of their game and then worked on other parts. They had a bread-and-butter move or play to get in the lane. What is KLS's bread-and-butter? It's the 3ball.

Reaction Score
A move which KLS does which I love is when she is guarded close when getting the ball beyond the 3 point line, she takes 1 or 2 dribbles, and shoots inside the line. She makes this shot consistently and that is what will make her un-guardable in the near future

And yet if she isn't hitting her 3point shot, that move will become harder and harder to execute vs the top teams.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what the bold means.
I don't dispute what you're saying hoophuskee. Perhaps we're talking at cross-purposes. The main point of this thread was to compare Lou and Kaleena, and all I was trying to say is that such comparisons by % of 3s, etc. with the purpose of trying to see where they fit on this team (and on last year's) are to my mind not very helpful, because of the fluidity of the game and of the players to adjust to the immediate needs of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle
Top Bottom