Freshman Collier hungry for more championships | The Boneyard

Freshman Collier hungry for more championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Napheesa has that lean and hungry look. :)

She says her arms are weak. Look for her in the weight room often.

Napheesa shot 70% on FGAs over her high school career. Yikes! Even Tamika Williams Raymond would be impressed.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Doubting Thomas said: "I won't believe it until I see it with my own two eyes." Up to this point, we heard nothing but good things about Naphessa's Collier's overall game. Her report card reads straight A's. Great Kid, great parents, has good community relations awareness, stellar high school career and accomplishments. She's a 5 star player. The prototype recruit.

For the most part, I believe those reports to be true and factual. However, I want to see her in a game or two, and draw my own conclusions. All I've seen up to this point is a short clip of her in action. So, my lips aren't touching that glass of kool-aide just yet, but I am reaching for the pitcher.

As UConn fans, we tend to get a little giddy and can become overly optimistic (become drunk/inebriated with unbridled optimism) over raw and unproven recruits we know little or nothing about. I'll be honest here. Based on what I'm hearing and reading thus far, my gut feeling tells me that of the 3 incoming freshmen, SHE will make the biggest impact during their first season. Remember, I said it's a gut feeling, so don't hold me to it. It could be nothing more than gas.

It's been said that she has a high basketball IQ, she reads and runs the floor exceptionally well and that she has a very high energy level. UConn Nation is expecting great things from this class over the next four years. Let's not forget, beginning with the 2016-2017 season, they will be the core group of players for Geno.

Stewart and Jefferson will have graduated. Butler will be a junior, while Tuck and Chong will be seniors and team leaders.
The jury (at this time) is still out on Ekmark. Williams is expected to have carved out a place in the starting lineup somewhere by then.

Many are hoping for at least 1-2 (I'm being conservative here) NC's. The envelope tells me her stock will rise the fastest (of the freshmen) once practice begins in October. Geno may find it hard to keep her off the floor. She's coming in completely healthy. Boykin and Samuelson are recuperating from injuries, but should be 100% by the time official practice begins.

I completely trust the UConn coach's ability to recognize and evaluate talent. I think you'll agree they have a proven track record, and they're on a roll. Of course, they seldom get all of the recruits they want, but they do get maximum effort and potential from the ones they do, as Geno still has an ample supply of "pixie dust", and is very liberal in it's dissemination (how else can you explain his current run?).

Until the leaves begin to change color and there's a hint of fall in the air, we'll just have to wait and speculate on that which is to come. The envelope says good things are on the horizon for the Huskies. It will be high fives and butt slaps for everybody. I'm enjoying the summer, but October can't get here fast enough. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Doubting Thomas said: "I won't believe it until I see it with my own two eyes." Up to this point, we heard nothing but good things about Naphessa's Collier's overall game. Her report card reads straight A's. Great Kid, great parents, has good community relations awareness, stellar high school career and accomplishments. She's a 5 star player. The prototype recruit.

For the most part, I believe those reports to be true and factual. However, I want to see her in a game or two, and draw my own conclusions. All I've seen up to this point is a short clip of her in action. So, my lips aren't touching that glass of kool-aide just yet, but I am reaching for the pitcher.

As UConn fans, we tend to get a little giddy and can become overly optimistic (become drunk/inebriated with unbridled optimism) over raw and unproven recruits we know little or nothing about. I'll be honest here. Based on what I'm hearing and reading thus far, my gut feeling tells me that of the 3 incoming freshmen, SHE will make the biggest impact during their first season. Remember, I said it's a gut feeling, so don't hold me to it. It could be nothing more than gas.

It's been said that she has a high basketball IQ, she reads and runs the floor exceptionally well and that she has a very high energy level. UConn Nation is expecting great things from this class over the next four years. Let's not forget, beginning with the 2016-2017 season, they will be the core group of players for Geno.

Stewart and Jefferson will have graduated. Butler will be a junior, while Tuck and Chong will be seniors and team leaders.
The jury (at this time) is still out on Ekmark. Williams is expected to have carved out a place in the starting lineup somewhere by then.

Many are hoping for at least 1-2 (I'm being conservative here) NC's. The envelope tells me her stock will rise the fastest (of the freshmen) once practice begins in October. Geno may find it hard to keep her off the floor. She's coming in completely healthy. Boykin and Samuelson are recuperating from injuries, but should be 100% by the time official practice begins.

I completely trust the UConn coach's ability to recognize and evaluate talent. I think you'll agree they have a proven track record, and they're on a roll. Of course, they seldom get all of the recruits they want, but they do get maximum effort and potential from the ones they do, as Geno still has an ample supply of "pixie dust", and is very liberal in it's dissemination (how else can you explain his current run?).

Until the leaves begin to change color and there's a hint of fall in the air, we'll just have to wait and speculate on that which is to come. The envelope says good things are on the horizon for the Huskies. It will be high fives and butt slaps for everybody. I'm enjoying the summer, but October can't get here fast enough. :)
I know this sounds like a sitcom, but Everyone Loves Napheesa. As a player, student, and person, she comes to UConn with a reputation matched by only Maya Moore.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Carnac the bandwagon of expectation for The Pheemon ( Trademarked April 2015) is already proceeding at full speed. The only thing that will happen when the leaves turn this fall is that it will continue to pick up speed. It not the UCONN fans, this board or the staff that that you are going to have to worry about- They have seen comparable players with brains, beauty, articulate, athleticism with MAJOR GAME. At this point you would have to throw people like Dawn Staley off the Bandwagon to make room for the rest of America. The Pheenom played on a team coached by Dawn and featuring Wilson & Turner and was arguably the best player. The Pheenom is about a proven as they get.

Reaction Score
You can watch one of her AA games from last summer. She's 24 in white.

BTW. #32 on the Heroes Elite team is Joyner Holmes. She's the #2 ranked recruit for 2016 as per Hoop Gurlz.

Reaction Score
I know this sounds like a sitcom, but Everyone Loves Napheesa. As a player, student, and person, she comes to UConn with a reputation matched by only Maya Moore.
Both KLS (6'3") and Napheesa (6'1") are marked as wing by HoopGurtz. UConn will be in really good shape if we have two Maya Moore in next 4 years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Both KLS (6'3") and Napheesa (6'1") are marked as wing by HoopGurtz. UConn will be in really good shape if we have two Maya Moore in next 4 years.
Well, we almost have Maya Moore and Elena Delle Donne this year (Napheesa and Lou) and we hope to add another Maya-like player in Megan Walker in 2017. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom