Fran Fraschilla dig | The Boneyard

Fran Fraschilla dig

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
In an 'experts' draft on ESPN, Fraschilla drops this line:

Lamb can thank his dysfunctional UConn team for causing him to drop this far in the draft

Not sure what he is trying to allude to here. But Lamb went from lightly recruited in HS to a lottery pick in the NBA after his sophmore year. But somehow, the 'dysfunctional UConn team' hurt his NBA reputation?!

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...ba-draft-experts-make-their-picks-first-round

...although I think they removed any credibility from this 'expert draft' when they have David Thorpe, Doug Gottlieb, and Fran Fraschilla all take Jared Sullinger, Royce White, and Perry Jones in the Top 10 picks ahead of Lamb. That should remove all credibility from their picks....they should have just let Jay Bilas make all the picks!

Reaction Score
I think his point was that going into the year, Lamb was seen as a lock for a top 10 pick, and many even viewed him as a good bet for top 5. Despite having a very solid sophomore campaign, UConn's lack of team success kept Lamb (and Drummond) out of the national spotlight and had many question how such a talented team played so poorly.

I don't see anything wrong with what Fran said, as UConn's underwhelming season hurt both Lamb and Drummond's NBA Draft stock.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Hes right.

So it has nothing to do with Lamb's lack of aggressiveness and assertiveness on the court? He fell on the draft board because UConn didn't win as many games as expected?

Reaction Score
Hard to remember a more disappointing, dysfunctional Uconn team. Ok, maybe one.

Reaction Score
Ironically, Lamb wouldn't have been in a position to go top 10 at the beginning of this season if the 2010-11 UConn team hadn't meshed together so well.

Reaction Score
The NCAA screwed UConn last year by jerking the team around and never letting it get into a comfortable flow. Thank them.

Reaction Score
we're at that point where you need to just avoid all draft coverage until the actual draft. these analysts basically have nothing left to say but they have hours of airtime to fill.

Reaction Score
I somewhat agree with what he said. Lamb should have led this team and he didn't. He deferred and I think what fran alluded to was his lack of leadership doesn't warrant a top 5 pick. The team had some dysfunction and SN and Boat were main cogs, but should have deferred to JL. We also had a revolving door coach which didn't help to stabalize the team.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Fraschilla didn't mean to show his balls to his players at St. John's - his pants were betrayed by a dysfunctional belt.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
But, I mean, I think a lot of us (especially after hearing about the numbers he was putting up in the U-19 tournament) were expecting him to lead the league in scoring with like 25 a game. He was pretty much a unanimous preseason All-American after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom