doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
#6 Stanford over #3 Tennessee
#14 UNC over #10 South Carolina
Unranked NCST over # 12 LSU
Unranked Rutgers over #16 Georgia

4 ranked teams, 4 upsets.

Can Kentucky save face for the SEC with an upset of Duke?

Not a good week for a power conference.

HGN

Reaction Score
Maybe the so called power conference is not all that powerful.....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Maybe the so called power conference is not all that powerful.....:rolleyes:
Agree. Compare the SEC and the ACC. I question whether any of the top SEC teams would beat Duke or ND both which are top 5 teams. Maybe Ky could.

HGN

Reaction Score
Agree. Compare the SEC and the ACC. I question whether any of the top SEC teams would beat Duke or ND both which are top 5 teams. Maybe Ky could.
Perhaps the True Power lies in the northeast. And not in the southeast or in the Atlantic coast conferences .

Perhaps that True Power is in a "conference of its own" . :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I guess the question needs to be asked...were they really all upsets?
One other thing - #10 Colorado was undefeated and also went down to #7 L'ville.

I do think LSU's loss to NC State was an upset. While I don't think LSU (or SC) are really top 10 teams (altho LSU was 12), one has to remember that we are used to watching UCONN, and no one is really close to us this year. ND will be # 2 come Monday. I do think Duke is an "elite" team, but it's pretty clear they aren't in the same class as UCONN.

After that, there seems to be 4-5 teams in the "next" tier. Stanford for sure, and Kentucky, Tennessee, Maryland, and probably Louisville. But...

UCONN
Notre Dame
Duke (depending on the game vs. KY)
Stanford
Kentucky
Tennessee
L'ville
Maryland...

After that where do you go? That's only 8 teams and the next "tier" seems to have a whole ton of teams who top teams would demolish, but 2 of them would be in the top 10, since my list above only has 8.

Baylor barely beat Mississippi the other day. OK State is still undefeated but doesn't play a ranked team till they face ISU in January. UNC, ISU and PSU should all move up. But again, teams in the top 14 would still likely get destroyed by UCONN or ND or Duke. Given the parity outside the top 3-4 teams, I do think it's not surprising to see RU beat UGA, or UNC beat SC. This is a really fun year to be a fan of WCBB because there are so many interesting stories and so much parity outside of UCONN and maybe ND and Duke...

One last thing - I'm WAY impressed with ND. I know Muffett has done a lot without a ton of high school AA's, (I know Skyler was an AA, but she wasn't surrounded by a plethora of top 10 kids coming out of HS), and now that she's landing top kids (Loyd, Reimer, and Turner - 3 consecutive top 5 kids), I really do think it's going to be UCONN and ND in the future with everyone else looking up. Duke and Tennessee are both big ? marks as 2014 and 2015 will dictate if they can keep it even remotely close...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Well, Kentucky failed in stopping the clean sweep of ranked teams.

#2 Duke over #5 Kentucky
#6 Stanford over #3 Tennessee
#14 UNC over #10 South Carolina
Unranked NCST over # 12 LSU
Unranked Rutgers over #16 Georgia
5 ranked teams, 5 losses. 4 upsets.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Slightly OT:
Doggie:

Let's give a shout out to St. John's who just eked out a win against (# 25…USA Poll) Texas A&M and should have won by 10 or more.

They play an interesting game of NY Street ball with the occasional pick and roll.

That was an upset.

perhaps the last we'll see of A&M in the top-25 (but who knows this year).

Reaction Score
UConn, Notre Dame, Stanford, top 3, Duke coaching as shown today again is bad, but would be 4th. The SEC teams have a long way to go to even be considered.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
UConn, Notre Dame, Stanford, top 3, Duke coaching as shown today again is bad, but would be 4th. The SEC teams have a long way to go to even be considered.
Duke just beat a top 5 team on the road by 8 points. Not sure how bad the coaching could have been.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I don't think it's shocking that RU beat UGA especially after how we've responded after the horrible loss at UMass. I also think we should be in the Top 25 if Georgia, and LSU are. Just my thinkin'.

I'm also going to go out on a limb, and it might come back to bite me...but I think we continue to get better, build on the good things we've been doing lately, and tighten up our defense a bit, we could challenge L'ville for the #2 spot in the AAC.

Just my thoughts. But I do see us beating L'ville at the RAC this year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
doggy that UK-Duke game was butt ugly. If Liston and O'neill were not out there it would have been double butt ugly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom