Former CTK and BC Player Clare Droesch | The Boneyard

Former CTK and BC Player Clare Droesch

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm sure most on this board remember Clare from her BC days. She was such a tough player. Jim Fuller's blog entry on Breanna Stewart includes links to stories about Clare's recent diagnosis of stage IV breast cancer, which has spread to her LNs, hips and spine. This is heartbreaking news. She's 29 years old.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
How awful. Once cancer spreads that much, it's nearly impossible to eradicate. It's like a dandelion in the wind; the seeds of it have spread throughout the body even if you remove the detectable manifestations.

I hope the operative word proves to be "nearly" for Clare, and if not, I hope she is able to find comfort and peace.

Reaction Score
OMG, one of my all time favorite players! She gave Uconn fits for years. If I recall correctly she was from Queens and lost some neighbors in a plane crash after 911. Or maybe it was her team mate!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I remember her well. Very tough and gutsy player, like several other BC players of that era, pre-ACC.

This is horrible news. She will be in my thoughts.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Simply the most devastating type of story one can hear. All the deepest prayers for her and her loved ones.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Prayers for Clare and her family. I saw her play as a frosh in Glens Falls
in the NYS tournament for CTK. Playing for that school as a freshman is way unusual and she did just fine.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
OMG, one of my all time favorite players! She gave Uconn fits for years. If I recall correctly she was from Queens and lost some neighbors in a plane crash after 911. Or maybe it was her team mate!

First, I want to express my horror that such a young lady should be afflicted like this. I wish her all the best in her recovery efforts.

The player you are referring to is _______ McManus, who played alongside Amber Jacobs as a talented, and very feisty freshman backcourt for BC. Actually, at that time, she was considered the greater talent of the two. Following 9/11 and the airliner crash in her neighborhood, she dropped out of school and spent the next year(s) at home. She finally completed her eligibility closer to home at Fairfield where she enjoyed a successful career.

Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328368815.451708.jpg

Godspeed Clare

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.288493,-72.287872

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
OMG, this is horrible--for anyone, especially an athletic 29-year old. Let's pray and hope for a miracle.

Reaction Score
I remember Clare very well. I remember watching her 3's killing us, especially in the Big East final season or it may have been the B.E. tournament championship game in Hartford that B.C. won. She gave 110 percent. Hard to believe that she is now fighting for her life at 29. Donating money for medical bills, yes, but also please offer prayers to that 'Great Referee' above in her behave.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Horrific news. Prayers and blessings to Clare and her family. She's young, strong and will defeat this wicked disease with the same aggressive and combative spirit that she played ball.

Reaction Score
I'm sure most on this board remember Clare from her BC days. She was such a tough player. Jim Fuller's blog entry on Breanna Stewart includes links to stories about Clare's recent diagnosis of stage IV breast cancer, which has spread to her LNs, hips and spine. This is heartbreaking news. She's 29 years old.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

omg, that is awful! I remember her well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I saw in the newspaper the other day that there will be a fundraiser for her - she has limited medical coverage and will have to go out of pocket for a lot of this. Just so, so sad - 29 years old.

http://www.graybeards.com/index/DONATIONS

There is a section there to donate $20 to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom