For what it's worth, today I.. | The Boneyard

For what it's worth, today I..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sent thank you note to SNY for their support of UCONN sports program. And sent a note to Jim Delaney at the Big Ten laying out our addition to the conference ( e.g. New York market, high quality programs in men's and women's sports, ct alumni, etc.) not to mention wife's penn state diploma. Hell, would have added that our dog came from Iowa if I thought of it. There is NO reason for us not to be there. Will report back if I hear any thing. Not holding my breath.

pj

Reaction Score
Good for you SHS. That's more than I've done.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I had sent a nice email message to SNY over a year ago, because I was so impressed with their UConn Power Hour productions. I was surprised when I saw that they responded to me. A very positive sign that they "get it" over there at SNY. It will be interesting to see if you get a response to your letter also. I won't be shocked if you do...

Reaction Score
PJ
It's more than a lot of us have done. Just sorry it took me this long.

Reaction Score
Good for you. I have felt so desperate at times that I've thought of writing to Jim Delany.

Someone suggested the following letter:

Dear Mr. Delany. I understand you wish to capture the NYC market as part of the B1G expansion. You forgot a university.
Sincerely, UConn

Here is his address:

James E. Delany
Commissioner
1500 West Higgins Road
Park Ridge, IL 60068-6300
(847) 696-1010
Fax numbers:
Admin. (847) 696-1150
Comm. (847) 696-1110

Reaction Score
Good for you. I have felt so desperate at times that I've thought of writing to Jim Delany.

Dear Mr. Delany. I understand you wish to capture the NYC market as part of the B1G expansion. You forgot a university.
Sincerely, UConn

Here is his address:

James E. Delany
Commissioner
1500 West Higgins Road
(847) 696-1010
Fax numbers:
Admin. (847) 696-1150
Comm. (847) 696-1110

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
A message should also be sent to NESN. This one would not be a supportive letter. Considering they are the New England Sports Network, they are so Mass heavy it makes me sick. There was many a Saturday or Sunday morning where I sent emails to them reminding them they omitted UConn results from their programming. It might be on their ticker, but no story coverage. Sometimes I think I watch just so I can get pissed off. It's a sickness, but I'm working on it.

Reaction Score
Great effort!

Maybe we should don sandwich boards and march in front of his office. (once it gets above zero in Chicago) In all seriousness, I hope our BOT is being as proactive as you.
Call me crazy (my wife does), but AAU membership is the only impediment IMO. Here's to the B1G!

Reaction Score
I like the spirit, I'm going to do my part by wearing UConn gear for the B1G 10K this year, hopefully I won't be the only one once we're invited this spring ;)

B1G.jpg

Reaction Score
What about writing love poems to Jimmy D? Here's my try:

Jimmy D, B1G Jim, I call you JJ Cash Money

your conference is the one for me

Rust Belt living, land grant loving

you complete me

I'm knocking on the door for you

I'm out here, protecting the cake that is NYC

protecting the cake on the outside, looking at you

open that door baby

Man's best friend, brother

husky friend, husky dog

I'm thinking of you

I will buy you flowers

Reaction Score

Sincerely, UConn

Here is his address:

James E. Delany
Commissioner
1500 West Higgins Road
(847) 696-1010
Fax numbers:
Admin. (847) 696-1150
Comm. (847) 696-1110

and put a flaming bag of dog poop on this man's doorstep

http://www.theacc.com/#!/page/bioJohnSwofford

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just sent three drunk sorority girls and a photographer to Jim Delaney's office.

We'll be in by Monday.

Reaction Score
One problem is that Connecticut is not contiguous with the Big 10 footprint. I think we should invade the Long Island peninsula and have the Long Island parliament vote to be annexed by Connecticut since many in the Long Island population are ethnic Connecticutians.

Reaction Score
One problem is that Connecticut is not contiguous with the Big 10 footprint. I think we should invade the Long Island peninsula and have the Long Island parliament vote to be annexed by Connecticut since many in the Long Island population are ethnic Connecticutians.
Last I heard FF county was in the NY/NJ market which make's Connecticut contiguous right?

Reaction Score
First of all, I love this thread on so many levels. I know exactly what you mean about NESN. I grew up a diehard Red Sox fan but I'm trying to transition to being Mets fan for a few different reasons. One big reason is SNY's support of UCONN as well as my hate for NESN.
I didn't know there was a B1G 10K in Chicago. I'm going to look into flying out to run it. I'll wear my UCONN gear as well. I live much closer to Greensboro, NC & I would not for a second think of running an ACC road race if there is such a thing. Matter of fact, when I'm driving on I-85, I flip the bird to the Welcome To Greensboro (home to ACC HQ) sign every time I enter into Greensboro. I have issues - I know.
That is a great idea to write letters to SNY & Jim Delaney. I'll do that this week.
Picture this in your mind - UCONN (as a new member of the B1G) fans at Gampel or the Rent chant B1G!, B1G!, B1G!, B1G!, B1G!, after UCONN buries some crap arse ACC team. This will happen some day!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak