For those who watched SNY tonight.... | The Boneyard

For those who watched SNY tonight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What did you think? I never saw the CPTV content so I can't compare the two but I was very pleased with the quality and content of tonight two shows.

Reaction Score
As far as I'm concerned it was like day and night. SNY did a fantastic job and I'm glad they won out in the competition with CPTV. It wa great seeing how Geno ran actual practices.

Reaction Score
As far as I'm concerned it was like day and night. SNY did a fantastic job and I'm glad they won out in the competition with CPTV. It wa great seeing how Geno ran actual practices.

The content was great but the audio was off for most of the program. Was glad to hear that they have made Megan eliminate thr ho ho hos.

With no begging and no ho ho hos should be a great season on SNY.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The content was great but the audio was off for most of the program. Was glad to hear that they have made Megan eliminate thr ho ho hos.

With no begging and no ho ho hos should be a great season on SNY.

That was probably a local issue because all the audio was there on DirecTV.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That was probably a local issue because all the audio was there on DirecTV.
Comcast here in MA had the audio problem to. Just tried not to look at their mouths while they talked.

But yes SNY did a very good job with those shows last night. Looking forward to their game broadcasts.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
No problem with the audio here in NYC on Time Warner Cable. The shows were great.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm still jarred by hearing her called Meg rather than Meghan. It was different than CPTV more of a slicker, ESPN quality, as opposed to a more homespun feel. I still miss my CPTV, but this was fine.

Reaction Score
It seemed to me that SNY had to stretch to fill two hours and the production used many of the same clips twice. I was also hoping for some exhibition game highlights but there were none, unless there was a brief clip used as background for some of the narration. Maybe there were rights issues? Still, these are minor beefs and I'm looking forward to extended game coverage this season, including post-game press conferences. Sure beats waiting through half an hour of begging to get to a 1 minute chat with the player of the game.

Reaction Score
I thank CPTV for their great production of the games and extra content over the years. I think they did a phenomenal job considering the tight budgets they had to deal with. So much of what UConn built for a fan base can be directly attributed to CPTV's coverage. Without it, I am not sure I would have become a fan.

What I saw with SNY was a production that has the benefit of a much larger budget owing to the fact that they are not publicly funded and can sell commercial time. The UConn content can also benefit from the advertising income from their other sports programming.

For me, the difference was like stepping up from a Kia Rio to a Lexus. The Kia was serviceable, and helped you get from point A to point B. But the Lexus helps you get there in a little more comfort and style.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
No audio problems on my Cox cable. Thought the shows were very good. I read a Carl A. post on SNY in which the Sr. VP of SNY said he thought "Meg" "had possibilities". Perhaps that explains the lack of yuk-yuks and what seemed to be a shiver of nerves from Meg. Kara was better than I expected, and may soon lose her perma-grin as she adapts to live TV. Not enough from the new sideline reporter to have an opinion yet. Gino was Gino. No more needs saying, dat!

Reaction Score
With two hours, it would have been nice to have more in-depth interviews, especially with the new girls. But as someone mentioned above, it was fun to see the practice, though.

Reaction Score
I saw the second show (a lot of practice footage, which I really appreciated), but missed the first. The second repeated at least twice. Did the first, which apparently had Megan, Kara, and John A., repeat at all? Will it repeat again, if so?

Reaction Score
I'm still jarred by hearing her called Meg rather than Meghan. It was different than CPTV more of a slicker, ESPN quality, as opposed to a more homespun feel. I still miss my CPTV, but this was fine.

Agreed. I loved the greater access SNY gave: Practices! Car ride with Geno! Fly-on-the-wall when a would-be walk-on pays a visit. Impressive on-air talent, mostly well-utilized. But I still prefer CPTV's homespun to SNY's glitz. For me, CPTV's Geno Show wins hands-down over SNY's version. Meghan (NOT "Meg", yuck) jn a close one-on-one with Geno, obviously friends, had a chemistry that the expansive neon-accented set and tag-team interview format sadly lacks. Oh well. I'd love to loose all that neon and turn up the intimacy, but probably it will get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom