For the love of speed... | The Boneyard

For the love of speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love speed. I do. I'm old now, and have responsibilities like a family, and career and garbage like that, so I can't be as reckless as I once was, but I managed to keep my brain in line with basic safety issues when I was younger, enough that I'm sill alive, and I still love speed. Driving fast, bungee jumping, sky diving, racing things, anything, as fast as I could, anything, driving things as hard as I could, done it all. I still ski without a helmet, and wear sunglasses instead of goggles, because that's the way I always did it, unless it was the actually slalom races I did as teenager up at Mohawk mountain, they made you wear helmets, and I still go to the black diamonds first. Dumb? Maybe. I don't care.

RUNNING as fast as I possibly could - all the time. Running track, playing football, I ran, and I was fast, until I couldn't run anymore, and then I eventually ended up at UConn, and still limped around as much as I could and banged some bodies. Ended up playing a lot of club rugby at UConn instead of football, which was cool because we rolled the kegs right up next to the fields, and beat up on some Ivy league guys.

My love of speed, nearly killed me, and ended my football career, and changed my entire life path, but whatever. It brought me to UConn, it turns out, and that was the best thign that ever happened to me because I wouldn't be where I am now without UConn.

We've got team speed, on defense, on this UConn football team, that is awesome, and some size to go with it now. Trully. I don't think we've ever had speed like we do now. On offense? Well - we don't. It's that simple. We've got to develop it.

Kicking game? THe rules have changed a lot there, so it's hard to really use your speed, and size, and really create some forceful collisions and make big plays, but we've got bigger, faster and stronger players on those kicking units this year, than we had last year - dramatically.

I don't know if the shiite that I write, that i've written, for a long time now, ever makes it to people that actually take the field for our team. I know it has helped energize me, and maybe a few fans. So that's cool.

But, if I could, just send one single message to this 2012 team, it's that it aint over. It is NOT over. We got to go out on the road, and use what we got. TEAM SPEED. The defense has got to fly around that field, and stay on their feet, and run through people, over and over again and carry this team.

THe kicking games have got to create change, with their speed and hits.

And our offense? God damn it, kick, claw, grab and hold and cover it up, bite, punch, do whatever the hell it takes, to get the frigging defense blocked long enough for the guys with the ball in their hands, to do something and move the chains.

GO out and play the game as fast as you all possibly can. EVERY DOWN!!! From snap to whistle, every time, no stopping, full speed, as fast as you can.

It's almost game time, and I will never stop getting exciting for UConn football games.

The past few weeks have been brutal. I hate losing, at anything. I want UConn to win a football game.

Reaction Score
Good post. Unfortunately, I do not expect to win this game. Sadly, I really don't think I want to win this game. I want a new football coach and beating a terrible Skip Holtz team can accomplish nothing but help buy PP an extra year. If we can win out, great. Otherwise, lets just take our beatings and begin the search ASAP.

Reaction Score
I completely 100% expect to win this game. I expect to see the defense out there, doing what they did weeks ago, I expect the offense to put more points on the board than south florida does, and I expect the kicking game to be dominant. I'm tired of losing.

There was a time, when UConn football was a piddling, middle of the road program. That changed at the newly created 1-AA level in the 1980s, carried through the 1990s, and was built up again, at the division 1 level in the 2000s, and the players and the coaches in this program now in 2010s better pick up the torch and start running with it and start WINNING.

We are not overmatched in this game.

Reaction Score
I love speed. I do. I'm old now, and have responsibilities like a family, and career and garbage like that, so I can't be as reckless as I once was, but I managed to keep my brain in line with basic safety issues when I was younger, enough that I'm sill alive, and I still love speed. Driving fast, bungee jumping, sky diving, racing things, anything, as fast as I could, anything, driving things as hard as I could, done it all. I still ski without a helmet, and wear sunglasses instead of goggles, because that's the way I always did it, unless it was the actually slalom races I did as teenager up at Mohawk mountain, they made you wear helmets, and I still go to the black diamonds first. Dumb? Maybe. I don't care.

RUNNING as fast as I possibly could - all the time. Running track, playing football, I ran, and I was fast, until I couldn't run anymore, and then I eventually ended up at UConn, and still limped around as much as I could and banged some bodies. Ended up playing a lot of club rugby at UConn instead of football, which was cool because we rolled the kegs right up next to the fields, and beat up on some Ivy league guys.

My love of speed, nearly killed me, and ended my football career, and changed my entire life path, but whatever. It brought me to UConn, it turns out, and that was the best thign that ever happened to me because I wouldn't be where I am now without UConn.

We've got team speed, on defense, on this UConn football team, that is awesome, and some size to go with it now. Trully. I don't think we've ever had speed like we do now. On offense? Well - we don't. It's that simple. We've got to develop it.

Kicking game? THe rules have changed a lot there, so it's hard to really use your speed, and size, and really create some forceful collisions and make big plays, but we've got bigger, faster and stronger players on those kicking units this year, than we had last year - dramatically.

I don't know if the shiite that I write, that i've written, for a long time now, ever makes it to people that actually take the field for our team. I know it has helped energize me, and maybe a few fans. So that's cool.

But, if I could, just send one single message to this 2012 team, it's that it aint over. It is NOT over. We got to go out on the road, and use what we got. TEAM SPEED. The defense has got to fly around that field, and stay on their feet, and run through people, over and over again and carry this team.

THe kicking games have got to create change, with their speed and hits.

And our offense? God damn it, kick, claw, grab and hold and cover it up, bite, punch, do whatever the hell it takes, to get the frigging defense blocked long enough for the guys with the ball in their hands, to do something and move the chains.

GO out and play the game as fast as you all possibly can. EVERY DOWN!!! From snap to whistle, every time, no stopping, full speed, as fast as you can.

It's almost game time, and I will never stop getting exciting for UConn football games.

The past few weeks have been brutal. I hate losing, at anything. I want UConn to win a football game.

Great post. Thanks Carl. When you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one -- big hitter, the Lama -- long, into a ten-thousand foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom